Young Dolph has delivered a short but encouraging message to fans after being shot in L.A. last week. "Its DOLPH!" the rapper wrote on Twitter along with a collection of dolphin emojis, suggesting that he is in good spirits after being hospitalized for multiple gunshot wounds.
🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬Its DOLPH!— its DOLPHHHHHH! (@YoungDolph) October 1, 2017
It's still entirely unclear where Dolph is in the recovery process, but the tweet seems like a good sign that his health has improved.
On September 27th, one day after Dolph was shot, FOX's Bill Melugin reported that the rapper would recover from his injuries. "LAPD said Young Dolph will likely remain critical for a couple days after taking gunshots to torso, but will survive," he wrote. While it was initially reported that Dolph was hit in the torso area, TMZ later cited sources that claimed Dolph was hit "at least twice" in "one of his arms and his butt." He underwent surgery the night he was shot.
Shooting suspect, 43-year-old Corey McClendon, has been released after being booked for suspicion of attempted murder Wednesday. "Under California law, if you are arrested and booked and no charges are filed within 48 hours, you have to be released," said spokesman for the Los Angeles District Attorney's office, Greg Risling. According to the report, McClendon was released after prosecutors asked for "further investigation."
While it was initially reported that fellow Memphis rapper Yo Gotti had been named a person of interest in the shooting, Detective Megan Aguilar stated that the information was inaccurate. According to Aguilar, there has not been solid evidence to suggest the men who were present when Dolph was shot are affiliated with Gotti.
In February, Dolph escaped unharmed after he was shot at over 100 times in Charlotte.