Out now, stream Wu-Tang Clan's new album "The Saga Continues."
Fans have been patiently waiting for the release of a new album from the Wu-Tang Clan ever since the NYC group last dropped off A Better Tomorrow back in 2014, and now that wait is over. At the stroke of midnight, the legendary NYC rap crew decided to release their new album Wu-Tang Clan: The Saga Continues, which is curated by longtime collaborator DJ Mathematics, who presumably helped shape the tracklist with the project’s executive producer RZA.
Laced with 18 tracks in total, the album features guest appearances from fellow WU members Ghostface Killah, RZA, Method Man, Inspektah Deck, Raekwon, and longtime affiliate turned official member Cappadonna. Meanwhile, outside features include the late Sean Price, Redman, R-Mean, Hue Hef, Killa Priest, and Chris Rivers. Production is handled entirely by DJ Mathematics.
"For years, Math has had the idea of putting together a body of music using modern and legendary equipment such as ASR10 with vocal performances by Wu-Tang Clan members and other prominent MCs. With The Saga Continues he’s created a masterpiece. We at 36 Chambers ALC are honored to work with Mathematics and Wu-Tang Clan to put out a great piece of art.” RZA said with the album announcement.
“I put a lot of hard work into it. Definitely worked hard to make it a masterpiece.” DJ Mathematics said. “When I was putting this album together, I was basically trying to put together an album that when I listen to it … I’m real critical of myself. I’ve done other projects in the past and as I did those albums, I always listen back like, “Aw, I wish I would have did this, I wish I would have did that.” Plus learning so much now and being able to put it into effect, I just try to put together a complete album, beginning to end.” DJ Mathematics continued. “You have a lot of people who are all about singles. I’m not from that era even though I exist in it. When I get albums, I wanna hear albums I can rock to from beginning to end, all the way through. So, that’s what I was trying to do. And in order to do that, you have to create something that’s … it’s gotta be a masterpiece.”
Led by the previously heard singles “Lesson Learn’d” & “People Say,” fans can now stream the project in its entirety via Apple Music. Take a listen to the classic NYC-sounding project and let us know what you think. Project available on iTunes.
1. "Wu-Tang the Saga Continues Intro" feat. RZA
2. "Lesson Learn’d" feat. Inspektah Deck and Redman
3. "Fast and Furious" feat. Hue Hef and Raekwon
4. "Famous Fighters" (Skit)
5. "If Time is Money (Fly Navigation)" feat. Method Man
6. "Frozen" feat. Method Man, Killa Priest, and Chris Rivers
7. "Berto and the Fiend" (Skit) feat. Ghostface Killah
8. "Pearl Harbor" feat. Ghostface Killah, Method Man, RZA, and Sean Price
9. "People Say" feat. Wu-Tang Clan and Redman
10. "Family" (Skit)
11. "Why Why Why" feat. RZA and Swnkah
12. "G’d Up" feat. Method Man, R-Mean, and Mzee Jones
13. "If What You Say is True" feat. Wu-Tang Clan and Streetlife
14. "Saga" (Skit) feat. RZA
15. "Hood Go Bang!" feat. Redman, Method Man
16. "My Only One" feat. Ghostface Killah, RZA, Cappadonna, and Steven Latorre
18. "The Saga Continues Outro" feat. RZA