Rittz taps Yelawolf, Royce Da 5'9', and KXNG Crooked to spit a verse on his remix to "LAF", which originally appeared on his acclaimed 2014 album Next To Nothing.
Y'all remember Tech N9ne's 2010 track "Hard Liquor" or nah? It was included on his XXL-backed Bad Season mixtape, which dropped that same year, and finds him professing his love for hard alcohol over production from Dr. Dre and Travis Barker.
Years after the release of his debut album Follow Me Home, TDE's Jay Rock has officially parted ways with Tech N9ne's Strange Music label.
Tech N9ne has been having a successful run the past few years, and keeping the momentum going, he'll be back in 2015 with yet another album under his belt.
While they have very different approaches, 2 Chainz has been vocal in his appreciation for Tech N9ne. On an episode of MTV's RapFix earlier this month, Tity 2 Necklace praised the rappers skills, saying, "that boy can rap".
Even though Tech N9ne has spent years cranking out a series of collaboration albums, he couldn’t resist inviting his (wildly talented) rapping friends to join in on the fun on his latest album, Special Effects.
HNHH sat down for an illuminating interview with Strange Music CEO Travis O'Guin to discuss his history with Tech N9ne and what it takes to be successful as an independent artist or label.
It's no secret that hip-hop at large is lacking in original content. If the music isn't about money, it's about sex; if it's not about sex, it's about who's the hardest (no pun intended); if not who's hardest, it's about hip-hop itself.
After drumming up hype by dropping the Eminem collab, "Speedom (Wwc2)," a few weeks ago, Tech N9ne officially releases his new album today. Stream the 24-track Special Effects below, and buy it here.
Tech N9ne's Strange Music label has evolved into something bigger than he ever could have imagined.
Two weeks ago, HNHH took a trip down to Kansas City, Missouri to kick it with Strange Music.
Tech N9ne found himself amid mainstream rap stars today on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings list. The decidedly underground rapper pops up on their list at #16, earning $8 million. Considering how much this guy tours, it's kind of unsurprising.
Today marks the release of Murs' Have A Nice Life, his first since 2013's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl and first as a Strange Music signee.
- DJ Rhettmatic Confirms Dr. Dre X DJ Premier Collab1,133 Views4 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Applies For Full Custody Of Their 1-Year Old4,504 Views29 Comments
- Young Thug Pushes Back "Hy!£UN35" Release To September5,383 Views58 Comments
- Eminem Details His Recovery After 2007 Pill Overdose16,211 Views53 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: July 20153,891 Views4 Comments
- Jay Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" Rereleased On Vinyl With Hidden Track 15,435 Views30 Comments
- 10 Essential SBTRKT Tracks2,884 Views8 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Was Arrested For Disorderly Conduct After His Lollapalooza Stunt13,430 Views44 Comments
- Drake Says He Hasn't "Taken A Loss" All Week53,779 Views333 Comments
- Underrated Audio: July 26- August 13,714 Views4 Comments
- Remy Ma Shares Thoughts On One Year Anniversary Of Her Release From Prison6,198 Views12 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 1st16,102 Views49 Comments
- Stream Dr. Dre's Full Beats 1 Show, "The Pharmacy" 12,222 Views42 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (July 25-31)6,358 Views8 Comments
- Dr. Dre Says "Detox" Is Scrapped, "Compton: The Soundtrack" Out Next Week51,268 Views242 Comments