Y'all remember Tech N9ne's 2010 track "Hard Liquor" or nah? It was included on his XXL-backed Bad Season mixtape, which dropped that same year, and finds him professing his love for hard alcohol over production from Dr. Dre and Travis Barker.
Years after the release of his debut album Follow Me Home, TDE's Jay Rock has officially parted ways with Tech N9ne's Strange Music label.
Tech N9ne has been having a successful run the past few years, and keeping the momentum going, he'll be back in 2015 with yet another album under his belt.
While they have very different approaches, 2 Chainz has been vocal in his appreciation for Tech N9ne. On an episode of MTV's RapFix earlier this month, Tity 2 Necklace praised the rappers skills, saying, "that boy can rap".
Even though Tech N9ne has spent years cranking out a series of collaboration albums, he couldn’t resist inviting his (wildly talented) rapping friends to join in on the fun on his latest album, Special Effects.
It's no secret that hip-hop at large is lacking in original content. If the music isn't about money, it's about sex; if it's not about sex, it's about who's the hardest (no pun intended); if not who's hardest, it's about hip-hop itself.
After drumming up hype by dropping the Eminem collab, "Speedom (Wwc2)," a few weeks ago, Tech N9ne officially releases his new album today. Stream the 24-track Special Effects below, and buy it here.
Tech N9ne found himself amid mainstream rap stars today on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings list. The decidedly underground rapper pops up on their list at #16, earning $8 million. Considering how much this guy tours, it's kind of unsurprising.
Today marks the release of Murs' Have A Nice Life, his first since 2013's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl and first as a Strange Music signee.
The Strange Music team welcomes a strange new addition to their roster. Along with Tech N9ne himself, Murs joins the ranks of Krizz Kaliko, Rittz, ¡Mayday!, Wrekonize, Kutt Kalhoun and Ces Cru.
It seems like every other day we get a new tour announcement from Tech N9ne. Dude never stops touring, which is one of the main reasons he landed so high on Forbes' Hip-Hop Cash Kings list this year (#16).
Strange Music is definitely in the building. Talking exclusively to HotNewHipHop, Slumerican's Rittz touches on his upcoming album Next To Nothing, touring, working with YelaWolf, doing laundry on tour and a whole lot more.
- A$AP Rocky Shot A Short Film Starring Skepta & Novelist1,480 Views5 Comments
- Joe Budden Reveals "All Love Lost" Cover Art4,641 Views20 Comments
- Waka Flocka Disses Donald Trump On Twitter17,442 Views38 Comments
- Kanye West Is Reportedly The Lone Feature On The Weeknd's Upcoming Album17,444 Views44 Comments
- Drake Hints Willow Smith Will Appear On "Views From The 6"22,326 Views100 Comments
- Action Bronson Now Selling Personalized Verses, Insults, & Birthday Greetings8,827 Views18 Comments
- Adidas Yeezy Boost Concept Headphones Unveiled4,033 Views0 Comments
- DJ Mustard Is Working On "Hard" New Material With Britney Spears9,791 Views30 Comments
- Meek Mill Reveals Pre-Jail "DWMTM" Songs Will Be Released Soon27,835 Views94 Comments
- OG Maco Clarifies His Criticism Of Travi$ Scott's "3500"18,331 Views52 Comments
- ASAP Rocky: "The Rita Ora Thing Was Tasteless Of Me"21,917 Views32 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th15,648 Views29 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"9,780 Views33 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show11,833 Views24 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks6,415 Views2 Comments
You may also like...
- Meek Mill Feat. Future "Jump Out The Face" Video16,417 Views
- Drake Previews "Energy" Video6,746 Views