Y'all remember Tech N9ne's 2010 track "Hard Liquor" or nah? It was included on his XXL-backed Bad Season mixtape, which dropped that same year, and finds him professing his love for hard alcohol over production from Dr. Dre and Travis Barker.
Years after the release of his debut album Follow Me Home, TDE's Jay Rock has officially parted ways with Tech N9ne's Strange Music label.
Tech N9ne has been having a successful run the past few years, and keeping the momentum going, he'll be back in 2015 with yet another album under his belt.
While they have very different approaches, 2 Chainz has been vocal in his appreciation for Tech N9ne. On an episode of MTV's RapFix earlier this month, Tity 2 Necklace praised the rappers skills, saying, "that boy can rap".
Even though Tech N9ne has spent years cranking out a series of collaboration albums, he couldn’t resist inviting his (wildly talented) rapping friends to join in on the fun on his latest album, Special Effects.
It's no secret that hip-hop at large is lacking in original content. If the music isn't about money, it's about sex; if it's not about sex, it's about who's the hardest (no pun intended); if not who's hardest, it's about hip-hop itself.
After drumming up hype by dropping the Eminem collab, "Speedom (Wwc2)," a few weeks ago, Tech N9ne officially releases his new album today. Stream the 24-track Special Effects below, and buy it here.
Tech N9ne found himself amid mainstream rap stars today on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings list. The decidedly underground rapper pops up on their list at #16, earning $8 million. Considering how much this guy tours, it's kind of unsurprising.
Today marks the release of Murs' Have A Nice Life, his first since 2013's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl and first as a Strange Music signee.
The Strange Music team welcomes a strange new addition to their roster. Along with Tech N9ne himself, Murs joins the ranks of Krizz Kaliko, Rittz, ¡Mayday!, Wrekonize, Kutt Kalhoun and Ces Cru.
It seems like every other day we get a new tour announcement from Tech N9ne. Dude never stops touring, which is one of the main reasons he landed so high on Forbes' Hip-Hop Cash Kings list this year (#16).
Strange Music is definitely in the building. Talking exclusively to HotNewHipHop, Slumerican's Rittz touches on his upcoming album Next To Nothing, touring, working with YelaWolf, doing laundry on tour and a whole lot more.
Earlier this month, Tech N9ne announced the album Strangeulation and shared its guest-heavy tracklist. Now he's given an interview to Stupid Dope in which he discusses the new album and talks about "Fragile," his recent record with Kendrick Lamar.
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces3,749 Views29 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample6,666 Views17 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show10,527 Views19 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."13,316 Views25 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Scores First Number One Record28,139 Views126 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For A$AP Rocky & Boosie Badazz18,811 Views131 Comments
- Lil B Is Now Targeting LeBron James And The Cleveland Cavaliers4,612 Views0 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Addresses Rita Ora Lyrics On "A.L.L.A."30,780 Views27 Comments
- NXNE Festival Defends Action Bronson Against Petition Claiming He "Glorifies Rape"5,164 Views17 Comments
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"10,961 Views45 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand5,430 Views0 Comments
- Dizzy Wright's Turn-Up Essentials Playlist2,245 Views8 Comments
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award14,041 Views110 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 12,436 Views35 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour1,522 Views10 Comments
You may also like...
- Yelawolf "Johnny Cash" Video123 Views