There were plenty of talked about moments from Jay Z's Tidal performance last weekend, but the biggest news of all may have been his reunion with Roc-a-fella OG, Beanie Sigel.
Jay Z Brings Out Beanie Sigel, Memphis Bleek, Jeezy & Jay Electronica During "B-Sides" Concert In NYC May 17, 2015 at 04:02pm
New Yorkers (who happen to be TIDAL users) were treated to a historic performance last night (May 16).
Royce Rizzy has been dropping steady heat recently, and today he has blessed us with his newest mixtape PreRolled. The So So Def rapper has historically collabed with some big names -- Iamsu!, Wiz Khalifa, Twista, etc -- but PreRolled is co
DJ Kay Slay continues to keep the posse cuts coming.
About two months ago, Philly native Freeway teamed up with Oakland's The Jacka for their second project as a duo. Entitled Highway Robbery, the album brought together 15 tracks of fiery hip-hop.
DJ Kay Slay continues to feed the e-streets with new music.
Charlie Sloth grabbed two heavy hitters for this week's "Fire In The Booth" freestyle series. Write My Wrongs emcees Freeway & The Jacka trade bars like they've been doing this their entire lives (which they have, by the way).
Back in May, A$AP Ferg offered up a slick, official remix of Freeway and Girl Talk's track "Suicide," which was originally included on the unlikely duo's Broken Ankles EP.
Freeway and The Jacka dropped a joint album entitled Highway Robbery earlier this week, and today they paid a visit to Sway In The Morning in support of the project.
Almost exactly 11 months ago (October 14, 2013), Freeway and The Jacka paired up to present a joint tape entitled Write My Wrongs. Now they return with an official full-length called Highway Robbery.
Just about eleven months ago to the day, Freeway and The Jacka put out Write My Wrongs, a joint tape that featured guest spots by Jahdan Blakkamoore, Husalah, Erk Tha Jerk, Phil Da Agony, Lee Majors, Freddie Gibbs, Jynx, Fed X, Hollow Tip and T-Wayne.
It's been a long minute since we heard from Gillie Da Kid.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Broken Ankles is out now and if you haven't heard, it's that new Freeway/Girl Talk collaborative EP. We posted a song from the EP a little while earlier, it being the track that featured Jadakiss on the track, "I Can Hear Sweat."
Girl Talk, the Swedish producer who can use upwards of hundreds of samples to create entirely new songs, and the rapper Freeway have joined forces for a collaborative EP which will be called Broken Ankles.
After revealing the official artwork and tracklist to their upcoming Broken Ankles EP last week, sample producer Girl Talk, and Freeway decided to debut the first offering off the project with "Tolerated", featuring Waka Flocka.
Freeway & Girl Talk Reveal Artwork, Tracklist & Release Date For "Broken Ankles" EP Mar 25, 2014 at 03:09pm
Producer and mash up artist Girl Talk announced last October that he would be teaming up with one of his "favorite rappers of all time", Freeway on a collaborative EP.
Roc Marciano, Freeway and Knowledge the Pirate all met up one summer's day in New York City to shoot this music video for their collaboration off Roc Marciano's latest album, Marci Beaucoup, which dropped back in December, so obviously these three knew what th
Philly native Young Chris comes through today with a fellow Philly rapper, Freeway, for a joint freestyle. They've gone over Big K.R.I.T.'s "Red Eye" record, which originally appeared on the "4eva N a Day" project.
Check out Cherry Pie, the latest track from Freeway & The Jacka, featuring Freddie Gibbs & Jynx which dropped on Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013.
Give Write My Wrongs a spin - it's the latest tape from Freeway & The Jacka, having dropped on Monday, October 14th, 2013. Freeway & The Jacka's musical situation is improving with every new release, and Write My Wrongs will most definitely help the cause.
Freeway has been fairly quiet as of late. While he has been known to have prolific outbursts (as evidenced by 2009's underrated Month Of Madness series), we haven't heard a full project from Philly Freezer in a while.
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"4,085 Views33 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece13,304 Views31 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 231,603 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Dr. Dre "2Nite" Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih Leak26,970 Views100 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Common's "Be"2,451 Views16 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Is Given Acid By Makonnen, Proceeds To Have Sex With Nine Women60,660 Views108 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shoots "Alright" Video In The Bay14,658 Views53 Comments
- Juicy J Rushed To Hospital In San Francisco34,201 Views53 Comments
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday4,363 Views20 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity9,748 Views57 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend14,502 Views17 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season4,264 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2318,400 Views20 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums8,793 Views16 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 975,110 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- André DeSaint "Work For Me" Video872 Views