Filter your search results Hide filters
- Dylann Roof was officially given the death penalty today, though he will have a one-month window to file a motion for a new trial. Many members of the Emanuel A.M.E. church addressed him before he was sentenced.
- By Shaun MSouth Carolina church shooter Dylann Roof wants to keep the jury from seeing his mental health files.
- BREAKING: Dylann Roof has been found guilty of all 33 counts raised against him for the murder of nine black churchgoers at the Emanuel AME church in Charleston, SC. The jury must now decide whether to give him death or life in prison.
- Dylann Roof had researched many black churches in South Carolina, though he had been making repeated visits to the Emanuel AME church for six months.
- Roof reportedly laughed as he admitted to the Charleston massacre. His ultimate goal was to "agitate race relations."
- On the dramatic first day of the trial of Dylann Roof, a testimony sends his mother into a heart attack. The defense argued said testimony was grounds for a mistrial, though the motion has been denied.