Dillon Danis Challenges Logan Paul To MMA Fight

BYBen Mock1408 Views
Link Copied to Clipboard!
Boxing In Manchester - KSI v Tommy Fury
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 14: Dillon Danis looks on during the Misfits Heavyweight fight between Logan Paul and Dillon Danis at AO Arena on October 14, 2023 in Manchester, England. (Photo by Matt McNulty/Getty Images)
Danis compared himself to "Raging Bull" and is already pushing for another go at Paul.

Dillon Danis has broken his silence following his disqualification loss to Logan Paul. "A Jiu Jitsu guy with no boxing camp or coach made his debut, never wobbled, never dropped, had no standing 8 count, and rocked you multiple times. If I were Nina, I'd call off the wedding. You achieved nothing in your own sport, MMA next," Danis wrote on social media Saturday morning. It was a response to post from Paul himself. "Honestly nothing to be proud about. that dude sucks, a real cunt. I’m gonna go back to living my life but felt good to beat his ass for 6 rounds and let him embarrass himself. Drink prime," Paul wrote on social media an hour or so after the fight.

Furthermore, Paul, who chose to speak with the media after the fight, had nothing positive to say about Danis. "Dillon Danis truly is a coward. I forgave Dillon before this fight started. It was the only way to attack this fight without emotion. But he was calling himself a real fighter? Conor McGregor, you see that?" Paul said. Furthermore, he quickly turned his attention back to his current day job - fighting in the WWE. "This is a hobby for me. My true passion, I'm a WWE superstar. I'm an American boy, and I want that U.S. title. Rey Mysterio, I already beat you once and I'm coming for that U.S. championship."

Danis Claims DAZN Scrapped His Ring Entry At The Last Minute

Elsewhere, Danis also made a claim just before the fight that raised many questions amongst fans. Danis claimed that his original ring entrance for the fight had been pulled by promoter and broadcast DAZN. In a post on X, Danis said that the entrance had been pulled due to "fear of a lawsuit" and called the move "complete bullshit". However, Danis did not offer any additional details about the scrapped entrance.

Despite this, knowing Danis, there are a few things that could be likely guessed about it. It likely contained memes or images relating to Nina Agdal, especially because Agdal was in attendance for the fight. If this is the case, DAZN was likely wary about being added to Agdal's defamation suit. However, the entrance could have also contained references to Logan's father being a pedophile or Logan himself being a steroid user, both which would have landed the company a defamation suit. It remains to be seen if Danis will share details about the scrapped entrance at a later time.

[via]

About The Author
Benjamin Mock (they/them) is a sports and culture writer working out of Philadelphia. Previously writing for the likes of Fixture, Dexerto, Fragster, and Jaxon, Ben has dedicated themselves to engaging and accessible articles about sports, esports, and internet culture. With a love for the weirder stories, you never quite know what to expect from their work.