De La Hoya off the hook in DUI case.
A little over one year ago, Oscar De La Hoya was pulled over for speeding in Pasadena, California around 2am. When officers approached his vehicle, they believed he was under the influence and De La Hoya failed a field sobriety test.
As a result, he was charged with two counts of misdemeanor DUI , but pled not guilty to both, according to reports.
The case was resolved yesterday as a judge granted a motion filed by De La Hoya's attorney requesting to dismiss the case. If he had been convicted, the 44-year old boxing legend could have faced six months in jail.
De La Hoya, a former Olympic gold medal winner and 10x champion, has not fought since being knocked out in the eighth-round by Manny Pacquiao on December 6, 2008. He previously considered coming out of retirement in 2015, and has most recently claimed that he's faster and stronger than ever, and would only need two rounds to dispose of Conor McGregor in the boxing ring.
During an episode of "Golden Boy Radio with Tattoo and the Crew" back in November, De La Hoya said,
"You know I'm competitive," De La Hoya said (H/T ESPN). "I still have it in me. I've been secretly training, secretly training. I'm faster than ever and stronger than ever. I know I can take out Conor McGregor in two rounds. I'll come back for that fight. Two rounds. Just one more [fight]. I'm calling him out. Two rounds, that's all I need. That's all I'm going to say. You heard it on Golden Boy Radio. Two rounds, that's all I need."
"Let's get it straight: In the cage, he would freaking destroy me. He would freaking destroy me. Only in the ring," De La Hoya said.
"I've been working out for the last five months. [My confidence] is how I feel now from my training. I don't know what it is, but I'll tell you now that I've never felt so good before in my life."