There’s something admirable about truly stepping out on your own, as your own person. You’re leaving behind that helping hand, that “co-sign,” and pursing your dreams, able to stand without the crutch.
A weird thing happens when an artist gets signed to a major label. It seems, no matter how talented they are, no matter how much their fans are willing to support, debut albums almost always come up short. There have been exceptions, of course.
Tyga has been a very busy man. After banking more than a few racks after his massively successful 2011 strip club banger "Rack City", Tyga (aka Michael Ray Nguyen-Stevenson) has showed no signs of slowing down.
To say Hopsin's third album is long overdue is like saying FEMA's response to Hurricane Katrina was slightly delayed. It's been three years since he dropped his critically acclaimed sophomore album Raw.
In many ways, the early 2000s belonged to Ludacris. Within that time, the rapper was able to cross multiple platforms, making palatable music for varying tastes tinged with his trademark Dirty South sound.
Action Bronson’s new album is a bid to be considered the funniest man in hip hop. A week after Kendrick Lamar’s album has the entire culture debating race, politics, and society, Mr.
With Chief Keef, King L, Lil Reese and Lil Durk signing to major labels in 2013, Chicago's drill scene saw all of its major stars graduating to more commercial successes, leaving vacancies in the underground mixtape scene that the genre was born from.
Rick Ross and the Maybach Music Group have taken their time with Stalley. Signed in 2011, the same year as Meek Mill and Wale (who were almost immediately launched in to mainstream eyes), the MC is just getting a proper debut album released.
In line with the recent (and awesome) trend of surprise albums, Tyler, the Creator announced Cherry Bomb just a few days prior to its April 13th digital release.
Ab-Soul may have been the TDE rapper getting the least amount of shine before Control System dropped. However, with the release of Control System on May 11th he has put himself at the forefront, and he proves why he belongs with
Mmmmaybach music. The heaviest group in hip-hop presents the third volume of their Self Made album series. Formulaically, the self-proclaimed untouchable Maybach empire haven't missed a step. Likewise previous installments in the series, Self Made Vol.
Throughout Welcome to Forever Robert Bryson Hall II reflects upon the last year of his career. The opening title track recalls when Logic met Nas for the first time in the line, “Shook his hand then he started quoting my lines?
It's funny how music comes full circle. Tinashe was just eight years old when Aaliyah Haughton tragically died in a plane crash, causing the music world to mourn and R&B to be reconstructed in her wake.
It’s official: Pharrell Williams is back. With the recent success of songs like “Get Lucky”, “Blurred Lines” and his newest Oscar-nominated single “Happy”, Pharrell has reclaimed his spot in the R&B royal family and is killing it.
Part of Future’s appeal lies in a musically indefinable existence. While both Pluto (and the 3D version) and Honest became somewhat of a set template for artists like Travi$ Scott, Future himself is a blend of the past, some not so distant.
Few rappers out can say they have been rapping since the age of eight and actually mean it. Dizzy Wright has been performing long before he even hit puberty.
You can feel Cozz's hunger when listening to his music. It's easy to understand why J. Cole would want the youngster out of LA on his Dreamville/Interscope Label. Cozz has the lyrical trappings of a rapstar in the making.
When we last heard from CyHi the Prynce, he was cruising around college campuses with his Ivy League: Kick Back mixtape early last year. Now, ready to show us what he’s learned, he takes us back to school with Hystori: Black History Project.
Keeping it fresh with his signature, smoked out flow, Curren$y delivers a strong introduction with the title track New Jet City. Backed by a pompous instrumental, Spitta lays it down and lauds about his boss status.
- Vince Staples Shares "Summertime '06" Artwork832 Views9 Comments
- Action Bronson's Public NXNE Performance Cancelled Following Misogyny Criticism9,040 Views40 Comments
- Nicki Minaj "Demands" Orgasms, Advises Women To Do The Same31,711 Views73 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)6,323 Views4 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song18,356 Views43 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed3,979 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour17,749 Views68 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter10,827 Views47 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's26,678 Views56 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks3,011 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal12,694 Views21 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)1,773 Views2 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: A$AP Rocky Edition6,697 Views4 Comments
- Suspect In Lil Wayne Bus Shooting May Be Affiliated With Young Thug18,625 Views88 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)2,940 Views0 Comments
You may also like...