We all know the story with Wiz and his albums, it's a tale as old as time. He goes super, extra hard on his mixtapes to shut up the critics who talked bad about his albums, only to make some of the same mistakes on the next album.
The North Carolina-born and Georgia raised singer-songwriter and producer set out to pay homage to hip hop and his Southern roots on the follow up to his 2013 album, IV Play.
B.o.B. is one of those artist that currently stands in a grey area: he's attained mainstream success thanks to catchy tunes, but he's also a seasoned rapper, and finds himself balancing between full-out pop music and more hardened hip-hop.
The average man thinks about sex between one and 388 times per day; Trey Songz isn’t your average man. In his nine years of making music, the twenty-nine-year-old has made it abundantly clear that sex is pretty much all he thinks about.
Today marks the culmination of the strangest rap career genesis this country’s ever seen, one that has included an MTV reality show, a hip-hop trio name Three Loco, OG Ron C, a Harmony Korine film, a slew of investigative articles and perhaps most importantl
On Animal Ambition, 50 Cent returns to the old street-ready sound that made him a household name back in 2003. Unfortunately, a lot has changed in hip-hop since 50’s debut.
It only took one day for Iamsu!’s debut album, Sincerely Yours, to reach iTunes’ top album charts, a feat which is, quite frankly, surprising. Though the album is not a flop, it’s not a work of artistic genius either.
Have you ever seen the viral video of Susan Boyle performing for the first time on Britain’s Got Talent? A superficially unattractive older woman walks out onto the stage to perform a song before hundreds of people and four judges.
I don’t believe there’s a single person on Earth who saw Tity Boi becoming a national superstar.
Defining a “classic” is no easy task. The first factor is obviously the quality of the music. Here we ask the basic questions: Are there any unnecessary tracks? Does the production impress without outshining the lyrics?
Few rappers out can say they have been rapping since the age of eight and actually mean it. Dizzy Wright has been performing long before he even hit puberty.
With Waka Flocka Flame’s newest album set to come out later this year, the Atlanta rapper has released a mixtape to hold us all over in the meantime. The tape, Re-Up features all-star collabs and on-point production.
Since the release of We Are Young Money in 2009, Nicki Minaj has risen from femme fatale on the rise after dropping the excellent Beam Me Up Scotty to ubiquitous representative of aggressive femininity.
In the last two years between his last album and now, Rick Ross has been through a lot, including surviving a targeted hit on his life. Critics bashed God Forgives, I Don’t and many wondered if Ross had peaked too soon and lost his touch.
It’s official: Pharrell Williams is back. With the recent success of songs like “Get Lucky”, “Blurred Lines” and his newest Oscar-nominated single “Happy”, Pharrell has reclaimed his spot in the R&B royal family and is killing it.
When we last heard from CyHi the Prynce, he was cruising around college campuses with his Ivy League: Kick Back mixtape early last year. Now, ready to show us what he’s learned, he takes us back to school with Hystori: Black History Project.
Although none of his albums have really been critical hits, Kid Cudi’s main appeal is using outside, atypical influences and sounds to articulate some sort of emotional journey into the tortured soul.
- Cassidy Naturally Wasn't Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss8,952 Views26 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 27 - August 21,406 Views2 Comments
- Drake Reportedly Wearing "Free Meek Mill" Shirt At OVO Fest Rehearsal53,325 Views145 Comments
- Lloyd Banks Says That "Cold Corner 3" Will Be A Commercial Release4,857 Views59 Comments
- Review: Migos' "Yung Rich Nation" 6,853 Views55 Comments
- Jeezy Donates 1,000 Backpacks To Atlanta Students1,425 Views23 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's 6 Most Ridiculous Stage Stunts Of 20156,420 Views22 Comments
- Chris Brown Reportedly Plans To Fight Baby Mama For Custody Of Their Daughter5,313 Views19 Comments
- Adidas Is Offering James Harden $200 Million To Leave Nike2,555 Views0 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Kid Cudi's "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"6,117 Views16 Comments
- Nipsey Hussle Apologizes To Black Women Following Distasteful Tweets10,881 Views50 Comments
- Will Smith Rumored To Be Special Guest At Drake's OVO Fest Tonight12,733 Views39 Comments
- Frank Ocean's Brother Trolls Fans With Fake Album Release9,756 Views27 Comments
- Who Had The Better Verse: A$AP Rocky Vs. ScHoolboy Q12,498 Views37 Comments
- Tyga Sued For $100K By Las Vegas Promoter8,028 Views70 Comments
You may also like...