B.o.B. is one of those artist that currently stands in a grey area: he's attained mainstream success thanks to catchy tunes, but he's also a seasoned rapper, and finds himself balancing between full-out pop music and more hardened hip-hop.
The average man thinks about sex between one and 388 times per day; Trey Songz isn’t your average man. In his nine years of making music, the twenty-nine-year-old has made it abundantly clear that sex is pretty much all he thinks about.
Today marks the culmination of the strangest rap career genesis this country’s ever seen, one that has included an MTV reality show, a hip-hop trio name Three Loco, OG Ron C, a Harmony Korine film, a slew of investigative articles and perhaps most importantl
On Animal Ambition, 50 Cent returns to the old street-ready sound that made him a household name back in 2003. Unfortunately, a lot has changed in hip-hop since 50’s debut.
It only took one day for Iamsu!’s debut album, Sincerely Yours, to reach iTunes’ top album charts, a feat which is, quite frankly, surprising. Though the album is not a flop, it’s not a work of artistic genius either.
Have you ever seen the viral video of Susan Boyle performing for the first time on Britain’s Got Talent? A superficially unattractive older woman walks out onto the stage to perform a song before hundreds of people and four judges.
I don’t believe there’s a single person on Earth who saw Tity Boi becoming a national superstar.
Defining a “classic” is no easy task. The first factor is obviously the quality of the music. Here we ask the basic questions: Are there any unnecessary tracks? Does the production impress without outshining the lyrics?
Few rappers out can say they have been rapping since the age of eight and actually mean it. Dizzy Wright has been performing long before he even hit puberty.
With Waka Flocka Flame’s newest album set to come out later this year, the Atlanta rapper has released a mixtape to hold us all over in the meantime. The tape, Re-Up features all-star collabs and on-point production.
Since the release of We Are Young Money in 2009, Nicki Minaj has risen from femme fatale on the rise after dropping the excellent Beam Me Up Scotty to ubiquitous representative of aggressive femininity.
In the last two years between his last album and now, Rick Ross has been through a lot, including surviving a targeted hit on his life. Critics bashed God Forgives, I Don’t and many wondered if Ross had peaked too soon and lost his touch.
It’s official: Pharrell Williams is back. With the recent success of songs like “Get Lucky”, “Blurred Lines” and his newest Oscar-nominated single “Happy”, Pharrell has reclaimed his spot in the R&B royal family and is killing it.
When we last heard from CyHi the Prynce, he was cruising around college campuses with his Ivy League: Kick Back mixtape early last year. Now, ready to show us what he’s learned, he takes us back to school with Hystori: Black History Project.
Although none of his albums have really been critical hits, Kid Cudi’s main appeal is using outside, atypical influences and sounds to articulate some sort of emotional journey into the tortured soul.
With Chief Keef, King L, Lil Reese and Lil Durk signing to major labels in 2013, Chicago's drill scene saw all of its major stars graduating to more commercial successes, leaving vacancies in the underground mixtape scene that the genre was born from.
With this month’s release of his compilation album Revenge of the Dreamers, it’s clear that 29 is J. Cole’s lucky number.
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music3,094 Views14 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"13,497 Views45 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast10,166 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon11,959 Views29 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour14,211 Views32 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1609 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance35,393 Views122 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"28,129 Views253 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance29,919 Views45 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm32,152 Views207 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest1,482 Views7 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 13,502 Views29 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall5,149 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”40,597 Views149 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail37,626 Views95 Comments