It's funny how music comes full circle. Tinashe was just eight years old when Aaliyah Haughton tragically died in a plane crash, causing the music world to mourn and R&B to be reconstructed in her wake.
Joell Ortiz changed this album’s title from Yaowa, basically because this is him at his most comfortable. In Hip Hop, getting too comfortable can sometimes lead to a decline in effort due to loss of hunger.
It's no secret that hip-hop at large is lacking in original content. If the music isn't about money, it's about sex; if it's not about sex, it's about who's the hardest (no pun intended); if not who's hardest, it's about hip-hop itself.
There’s something admirable about truly stepping out on your own, as your own person. You’re leaving behind that helping hand, that “co-sign,” and pursing your dreams, able to stand without the crutch.
After he proved he was a bankable rapper, 50 Cent started his own imprint and made G-Unit his first priority. For a while Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, Young Buck and Fiddy were consistently putting out quality music that fed the streets.
We all know the story with Wiz and his albums, it's a tale as old as time. He goes super, extra hard on his mixtapes to shut up the critics who talked bad about his albums, only to make some of the same mistakes on the next album.
The North Carolina-born and Georgia raised singer-songwriter and producer set out to pay homage to hip hop and his Southern roots on the follow up to his 2013 album, IV Play.
B.o.B. is one of those artist that currently stands in a grey area: he's attained mainstream success thanks to catchy tunes, but he's also a seasoned rapper, and finds himself balancing between full-out pop music and more hardened hip-hop.
The average man thinks about sex between one and 388 times per day; Trey Songz isn’t your average man. In his nine years of making music, the twenty-nine-year-old has made it abundantly clear that sex is pretty much all he thinks about.
Today marks the culmination of the strangest rap career genesis this country’s ever seen, one that has included an MTV reality show, a hip-hop trio name Three Loco, OG Ron C, a Harmony Korine film, a slew of investigative articles and perhaps most importantl
On Animal Ambition, 50 Cent returns to the old street-ready sound that made him a household name back in 2003. Unfortunately, a lot has changed in hip-hop since 50’s debut.
It only took one day for Iamsu!’s debut album, Sincerely Yours, to reach iTunes’ top album charts, a feat which is, quite frankly, surprising. Though the album is not a flop, it’s not a work of artistic genius either.
Have you ever seen the viral video of Susan Boyle performing for the first time on Britain’s Got Talent? A superficially unattractive older woman walks out onto the stage to perform a song before hundreds of people and four judges.
I don’t believe there’s a single person on Earth who saw Tity Boi becoming a national superstar.
Defining a “classic” is no easy task. The first factor is obviously the quality of the music. Here we ask the basic questions: Are there any unnecessary tracks? Does the production impress without outshining the lyrics?
Few rappers out can say they have been rapping since the age of eight and actually mean it. Dizzy Wright has been performing long before he even hit puberty.
With Waka Flocka Flame’s newest album set to come out later this year, the Atlanta rapper has released a mixtape to hold us all over in the meantime. The tape, Re-Up features all-star collabs and on-point production.
Since the release of We Are Young Money in 2009, Nicki Minaj has risen from femme fatale on the rise after dropping the excellent Beam Me Up Scotty to ubiquitous representative of aggressive femininity.
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks1,572 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped15,293 Views71 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 20152,521 Views16 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"9,539 Views120 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments13,181 Views140 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?7,005 Views35 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"2,734 Views17 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama2,883 Views26 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title12,296 Views60 Comments
- Kanye West Says People Who Act Like They Don't Like The Yeezy Boosts Are Racist5,652 Views0 Comments
- Rihanna Covers Vanity Fair; Talks Past Relationship With Chris Brown & More13,661 Views42 Comments
- Top Tracks: September 28 - October 419,816 Views30 Comments
- Bobby Shmurda Denied Bail Yet Again, Trial Set For 201634,977 Views155 Comments
- Will Smith Says He's Planning World Tour With DJ Jazzy Jeff 9,293 Views62 Comments