It only took one day for Iamsu!’s debut album, Sincerely Yours, to reach iTunes’ top album charts, a feat which is, quite frankly, surprising. Though the album is not a flop, it’s not a work of artistic genius either.
Have you ever seen the viral video of Susan Boyle performing for the first time on Britain’s Got Talent? A superficially unattractive older woman walks out onto the stage to perform a song before hundreds of people and four judges.
I don’t believe there’s a single person on Earth who saw Tity Boi becoming a national superstar.
Defining a “classic” is no easy task. The first factor is obviously the quality of the music. Here we ask the basic questions: Are there any unnecessary tracks? Does the production impress without outshining the lyrics?
Few rappers out can say they have been rapping since the age of eight and actually mean it. Dizzy Wright has been performing long before he even hit puberty.
With Waka Flocka Flame’s newest album set to come out later this year, the Atlanta rapper has released a mixtape to hold us all over in the meantime. The tape, Re-Up features all-star collabs and on-point production.
Since the release of We Are Young Money in 2009, Nicki Minaj has risen from femme fatale on the rise after dropping the excellent Beam Me Up Scotty to ubiquitous representative of aggressive femininity.
In the last two years between his last album and now, Rick Ross has been through a lot, including surviving a targeted hit on his life. Critics bashed God Forgives, I Don’t and many wondered if Ross had peaked too soon and lost his touch.
It’s official: Pharrell Williams is back. With the recent success of songs like “Get Lucky”, “Blurred Lines” and his newest Oscar-nominated single “Happy”, Pharrell has reclaimed his spot in the R&B royal family and is killing it.
When we last heard from CyHi the Prynce, he was cruising around college campuses with his Ivy League: Kick Back mixtape early last year. Now, ready to show us what he’s learned, he takes us back to school with Hystori: Black History Project.
Although none of his albums have really been critical hits, Kid Cudi’s main appeal is using outside, atypical influences and sounds to articulate some sort of emotional journey into the tortured soul.
With Chief Keef, King L, Lil Reese and Lil Durk signing to major labels in 2013, Chicago's drill scene saw all of its major stars graduating to more commercial successes, leaving vacancies in the underground mixtape scene that the genre was born from.
With this month’s release of his compilation album Revenge of the Dreamers, it’s clear that 29 is J. Cole’s lucky number.
With the recent release of his EP Beach House, Ty Dolla $ign has been on our radar for a while.
If the first Starvation mixtape proved to be a metaphor for Ace Hood’s unmitigated hunger for the level of super stardom usually reserved for rappers like his friend, Lil Wayne, then Starvation 3 makes Ace Hood sound as hungry as ever, except this time aroun
Keeping Gucci Mane out of the headlines is no easy task. Once again he’s back, although this time with the release of his digital album The State Vs. Radric Davis II: The Caged Bird Sings.
More than two years ago Rockie Fresh and Casey Veggies teamed up for the first time together on “Duckin N Dodgin,” which winded up on Fresh’s The Otherside Redux.
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday2,378 Views14 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity5,907 Views53 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend9,364 Views16 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season3,402 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2313,167 Views19 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums6,299 Views14 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 974,110 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs122,192 Views198 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine9,596 Views39 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)7,641 Views13 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL14,158 Views63 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape32,793 Views70 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them7,532 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans7,665 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)2,327 Views1 Comment
You may also like...