Despite Migos' Yung Rich Nation being the Atlanta rap trio's debut studio album, they're hardly rookies. A plethora of acclaimed mixtapes, BET Award Nominations and superstar collaborations are under their belt.
The members of Wu-Tang Clan have always made songs that sort of play out like the soundtrack for some NYC-meets-Tokyo urban Kung Fu flick, but with 12 Reasons To Die II, Ghostface and company take the concept record route to develop a fine-tuned project.&
After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
Meek Mill’s new album sounds like the Apocalypse.
To say that the dawn of drill feels like yesterday would be generous at best. It's been roughly three years since Chicago's rap explosion took the world by storm, and now it feels like you're sifting through the rubble.
Immediately following Touchdown 2 Cause Hell’s introductory “Get Em Boosie”-- the aptly titled dizzying turn up track that unleashes Boosie Badazz loose on the rap game once again-- the bellows of an approaching storm crackles with doom.
After a long wait, SURF is finally here. The debut LP from The Social Experiment (aka SOX) is billed as Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment despite the fact that the band’s biggest star is obviously Chance The Rapper.
A$AP Rocky’s relatively short career in the rap game has been one filled with high praise.
Seriously, is there a more versatile rap star than Snoop Dogg? Name another rapper who has done full albums of reggae, funk and rap over the last 5 years alone.
Everything about The Barter 6 is enigmatic.Firstly there's its author, Young Thug.
In line with the recent (and awesome) trend of surprise albums, Tyler, the Creator announced Cherry Bomb just a few days prior to its April 13th digital release.
In many ways, the early 2000s belonged to Ludacris. Within that time, the rapper was able to cross multiple platforms, making palatable music for varying tastes tinged with his trademark Dirty South sound.
Action Bronson’s new album is a bid to be considered the funniest man in hip hop. A week after Kendrick Lamar’s album has the entire culture debating race, politics, and society, Mr.
After 2013’s wildly successful good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kendrick Lamar had an opportunity that very few artists ever receive.
Critics are always fighting conflicting urges. On the one hand, there's the need to be objective and evaluate each work on its own merits. On the other, there's the desire to fit each new release from an artist into an over-arcing career narrative.
Straight out of Long Beach, CA, Joey Fatts is the epitome of a rapper from the streets. He tells his story of being raised in the same neighborhood that was home to hip hop legends Snoop Dogg and Nate Dogg on Ill Streets Blues.
In the era of Yeezus Christ and King Kendrick, it's easy to fall into the mindset that every hip-hop album should be an experiment in pushing hip-hop forward. Every track should ooze with idealism and what's new. This feeling goes double for mixtapes.
When Drake released his newest mixtape, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, a few days ago, it took the internet by storm. Falling in line with Jay Z, Kanye and Beyoncé before him, he dropped it almost completely out of the blue, with no real warning.
Lupe Fiasco has been in a battle with Atlantic records for what seems to be forever. We all know about his discontent with Lasers and on his mixtape Friend of the People he made it clear that he wanted off the label.
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill At OVO Fest; Opens Up With "Back To Back"56,035 Views266 Comments
- Cassidy Naturally Wasn't Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss28,931 Views51 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 27 - August 23,419 Views3 Comments
- Drake Reportedly Wearing "Free Meek Mill" Shirt At OVO Fest Rehearsal74,768 Views187 Comments
- Lloyd Banks Says That "Cold Corner 3" Will Be A Commercial Release7,523 Views76 Comments
- Review: Migos' "Yung Rich Nation" 10,627 Views64 Comments
- Jeezy Donates 1,000 Backpacks To Atlanta Students2,131 Views24 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's 6 Most Ridiculous Stage Stunts Of 20159,423 Views25 Comments
- Chris Brown Reportedly Plans To Fight Baby Mama For Custody Of Their Daughter8,102 Views24 Comments
- Adidas Is Offering James Harden $200 Million To Leave Nike2,975 Views0 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Kid Cudi's "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"8,055 Views17 Comments
- Nipsey Hussle Apologizes To Black Women Following Distasteful Tweets12,665 Views51 Comments
- Will Smith Rumored To Be Special Guest At Drake's OVO Fest Tonight14,882 Views41 Comments
- Frank Ocean's Brother Trolls Fans With Fake Album Release11,154 Views28 Comments
- Who Had The Better Verse: A$AP Rocky Vs. ScHoolboy Q14,137 Views38 Comments
You may also like...
- JMSN "Need U" Video190 Views
- Ice Cube Shares His Thoughts On Ghostwriting3,392 Views
- Miguel "Crazy Enough" Documentary872 Views