Meek Mill’s new album sounds like the Apocalypse.
To say that the dawn of drill feels like yesterday would be generous at best. It's been roughly three years since Chicago's rap explosion took the world by storm, and now it feels like you're sifting through the rubble.
Immediately following Touchdown 2 Cause Hell’s introductory “Get Em Boosie”-- the aptly titled dizzying turn up track that unleashes Boosie Badazz loose on the rap game once again-- the bellows of an approaching storm crackles with doom.
After a long wait, SURF is finally here. The debut LP from The Social Experiment (aka SOX) is billed as Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment despite the fact that the band’s biggest star is obviously Chance The Rapper.
A$AP Rocky’s relatively short career in the rap game has been one filled with high praise.
Seriously, is there a more versatile rap star than Snoop Dogg? Name another rapper who has done full albums of reggae, funk and rap over the last 5 years alone.
Everything about The Barter 6 is enigmatic.Firstly there's its author, Young Thug.
In line with the recent (and awesome) trend of surprise albums, Tyler, the Creator announced Cherry Bomb just a few days prior to its April 13th digital release.
In many ways, the early 2000s belonged to Ludacris. Within that time, the rapper was able to cross multiple platforms, making palatable music for varying tastes tinged with his trademark Dirty South sound.
Action Bronson’s new album is a bid to be considered the funniest man in hip hop. A week after Kendrick Lamar’s album has the entire culture debating race, politics, and society, Mr.
After 2013’s wildly successful good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kendrick Lamar had an opportunity that very few artists ever receive.
Critics are always fighting conflicting urges. On the one hand, there's the need to be objective and evaluate each work on its own merits. On the other, there's the desire to fit each new release from an artist into an over-arcing career narrative.
Straight out of Long Beach, CA, Joey Fatts is the epitome of a rapper from the streets. He tells his story of being raised in the same neighborhood that was home to hip hop legends Snoop Dogg and Nate Dogg on Ill Streets Blues.
In the era of Yeezus Christ and King Kendrick, it's easy to fall into the mindset that every hip-hop album should be an experiment in pushing hip-hop forward. Every track should ooze with idealism and what's new. This feeling goes double for mixtapes.
When Drake released his newest mixtape, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, a few days ago, it took the internet by storm. Falling in line with Jay Z, Kanye and Beyoncé before him, he dropped it almost completely out of the blue, with no real warning.
Lupe Fiasco has been in a battle with Atlantic records for what seems to be forever. We all know about his discontent with Lasers and on his mixtape Friend of the People he made it clear that he wanted off the label.
The first Luca Brasi Story, released last February, put Kevin Gates on the map. Soon after, he quietly inked a partnership with Atlantic and a management deal with Young Money.
Ludacris is a veteran in the game. Lyrics, beats, hit songs, a unique style; over his 10-plus year career he has obviously shown why he has been one of the most respected and successful stars in hip hop.
After 14 years of waiting, D’Angelo’s surprise album Black Messiah had every right to be the R&B/Soul equivalent of Guns & Roses' Chinese Democracy - a creaky mess that was done no favors by the weight of fan expectations.
J. Cole has come a long way from rapping about how to get up off the sideline. Three albums in, with 2014 Forest Hills Drive, the “God” is home. The Fayetteville, North Carolina native composed an honest, nostalgic album without any apologies.
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"4,163 Views12 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast2,785 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon3,836 Views15 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour4,733 Views21 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1197 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance15,369 Views84 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"13,493 Views172 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance14,457 Views32 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm16,968 Views169 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest955 Views6 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 10,027 Views27 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall4,070 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”30,985 Views147 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail34,376 Views93 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder25,929 Views71 Comments
You may also like...