Everything about The Barter 6 is enigmatic.Firstly there's its author, Young Thug.
In line with the recent (and awesome) trend of surprise albums, Tyler, the Creator announced Cherry Bomb just a few days prior to its April 13th digital release.
In many ways, the early 2000s belonged to Ludacris. Within that time, the rapper was able to cross multiple platforms, making palatable music for varying tastes tinged with his trademark Dirty South sound.
Action Bronson’s new album is a bid to be considered the funniest man in hip hop. A week after Kendrick Lamar’s album has the entire culture debating race, politics, and society, Mr.
After 2013’s wildly successful good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kendrick Lamar had an opportunity that very few artists ever receive.
Critics are always fighting conflicting urges. On the one hand, there's the need to be objective and evaluate each work on its own merits. On the other, there's the desire to fit each new release from an artist into an over-arcing career narrative.
Straight out of Long Beach, CA, Joey Fatts is the epitome of a rapper from the streets. He tells his story of being raised in the same neighborhood that was home to hip hop legends Snoop Dogg and Nate Dogg on Ill Streets Blues.
In the era of Yeezus Christ and King Kendrick, it's easy to fall into the mindset that every hip-hop album should be an experiment in pushing hip-hop forward. Every track should ooze with idealism and what's new. This feeling goes double for mixtapes.
When Drake released his newest mixtape, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, a few days ago, it took the internet by storm. Falling in line with Jay Z, Kanye and Beyoncé before him, he dropped it almost completely out of the blue, with no real warning.
Lupe Fiasco has been in a battle with Atlantic records for what seems to be forever. We all know about his discontent with Lasers and on his mixtape Friend of the People he made it clear that he wanted off the label.
The first Luca Brasi Story, released last February, put Kevin Gates on the map. Soon after, he quietly inked a partnership with Atlantic and a management deal with Young Money.
Ludacris is a veteran in the game. Lyrics, beats, hit songs, a unique style; over his 10-plus year career he has obviously shown why he has been one of the most respected and successful stars in hip hop.
After 14 years of waiting, D’Angelo’s surprise album Black Messiah had every right to be the R&B/Soul equivalent of Guns & Roses' Chinese Democracy - a creaky mess that was done no favors by the weight of fan expectations.
J. Cole has come a long way from rapping about how to get up off the sideline. Three albums in, with 2014 Forest Hills Drive, the “God” is home. The Fayetteville, North Carolina native composed an honest, nostalgic album without any apologies.
A weird thing happens when an artist gets signed to a major label. It seems, no matter how talented they are, no matter how much their fans are willing to support, debut albums almost always come up short. There have been exceptions, of course.
The most interesting hip-hop event of the year has been the meteoric rise of Bobby Shmurda, brought on with the Jahlil Beats-produced “Hot Nigga,” the most surprising single in recent history.
- Jay Z Defends TIDAL In "Stream Of Consciousness" Twitter Address1,863 Views7 Comments
- Young Thug Heckled & Booed At Show In Louisiana12,954 Views68 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik"1,918 Views10 Comments
- Tyga Got A Kylie Jenner Tattoo24,187 Views63 Comments
- Lil Wayne's Tour Bus Shot At In Atlanta20,203 Views64 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Is The Happiest Dad On Earth9,426 Views35 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 258,025 Views20 Comments
- Daz Dillinger Has Two Unreleased Songs With Biggie Smalls Still In The Vault10,785 Views26 Comments
- 10 Essential Yung Lean Tracks 8,642 Views44 Comments
- Ciara Previews Two New Songs On Instagram7,056 Views17 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"2,276 Views13 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight22,487 Views24 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"19,261 Views80 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather35,267 Views31 Comments
You may also like...
- Vursatyl "Bring It To A Halt" Video242 Views
- Sav Sire "SOHO" Video (Heatseekers)670 Views
- Dizzy Wright On Ebro In The Morning1,816 Views