- CompromiseBorn in Chicago, raised in Nigeria, and currently based in L.A., production duo (and twin brothers) Christian Rich, have been popping up everywhere recently. Most recently, they supplied the punishing beat for Vince Staples' "Senorita," but they've also worked on Drake's "Pound Cake," Childish Gambino's "I.Crawl," and Earl Sweatshirt's "Knight".
- Dance On MeIt's been a while since we've heard new material from Washington DC's Goldlink (he dropped "Vroom" in February), but as is en vogue for artists selected as XXL Freshmen, he quickly follows up his appearance on the cover with new music. This one's called "Dance On Me," and it was produced by Milo Mills and co-produced by Hasta.
- VroomGoldLink hasn't dropped new music in a minute, but he did make headlines recently when we learned he was working with famed hip-hop producer Rick Rubin on a full project. The DMV native first made waves in the rap game/blogosphere with his debut project The God Complex, which put his unique dance-rap style on display. Staying in that lane, GoldLink connected with L.A.-based producers Falcons for "Vroom".
- VelhoLast we heard from GoldLink he popped up with Chet Faker mid-summer for "On You." The New York-based rapper has been markedly low-key since dropping his debut The God Complex, but returns again today with a new contribution to a compilation mixtape helmed by streetwear brand Stussy and Soulection.
- On YouYet another outstanding collaboration put together by the on-going Songs From Scratch series courtesy of yours truly & adidas. Following up two previous collabos involving Chicago singer/rapper Tink (one with DJ Dahi, "M.E.N." and one with Kelela "Want It"), we get a collaboration involving the buzzing rapper GoldLink and electronic artist Chet Faker, "On You."
- Planet ParadiseThe reason why GoldLink is rising through the ranks amongst better promoted artists just through his soundcloud account is because of drops like this. Enter "Planet Paradise," a song with skyrocketing viral attention. The cut starts with a sample from A Tribe Called Quest until the bold direction from the acclaimed Louie Lastic kicks in, and the DMV native starts dropping straight fire, with some impressive rapid delivery.