During the Seattle Seahawks' 22-16 win over the Arizona Cardinals last night, Russell Wilson took a helmet to the chin, courtesy of Karlos Dansby, and was sent to the sidelines by one of the officials to undergo the NFL’s concussion test. However, he barely sat down to undergo the initial test and replaced his backup after just one play.

The hit took place about midway through the third quarter with the Seahawks leading 15-10. NBC's broadcast showed Wilson sit down on the sideline area as if he were about to undergo testing, but quickly got back up before medical officials had a chance to join him. This raised some eyebrows considering Wilson was sent off the field by referee Walt Anderson specifically so the medical staff could clear him.

According to ESPN,

"The NFL concussion policy states that a player believed to have concussion symptoms cannot return to "practice or play" unless a team physician and an independent neurological consultant clear him. Teams can be fined if the league finds they did not follow protocol designed to ensure medical clearance before any player returns to the field."

Check out the footage of the hit, and the "concussion protocol" below.

After sitting out for one play, Wilson returned to the field for two more plays before the Seahawks were forced to punt. Wilson entered the medical tent again during the change of possession and remained there for a longer period of time. He was back the field when the Seahawks got the ball back.

Following the Seahawks' victory, Wilson spoke about the hit and said Walt Anderson made the right call sending him off the field, although he was "100 percent fine."

"I was just trying to move my jaw. I was like, 'Ah, man, it's stuck,'" Wilson said. "I think I was kinda like laying down on the ground for a second just trying to get my jaw, and I think Walt thought maybe I was injured or something like that. I told him I was good, I was good, and he said, 'Come off the field.'

"I think Walt did a great job first of all. He made the smartest decision. I was fine, though, 100 percent fine. And then they finally went over through the whole concussion stuff and all that. We went through every question you could imagine, and I answered even some more for them just so they knew I was good, and then went back in there."

Having played their Week 10 game on Thursday night, Wilson and the Seahawks will have plenty of time to rest before returning to the field in Week 11 when they'll host the Falcons on Monday night.