Comprised oxycontin is the source of her near-death experience.
Speculations about Demi Lovato's overdose had first circled around heroin. Then, the family of opioids came into question. The most recent report claims that the singer's hospitalization was caused by her use of oxycontin, whose most popular brand is Percocet. The drug had been laced with fentanyl.
Lovato had contacted a drug dealer after partying in WeHo following a birthday celebration. The dealer came to her home around 4 AM on July 24, after receiving her text and the two free-based the oxycontin in tin foil. Sources say the pusher was somewhat known to buy dirty products from Mexico. Unfortunately, the batch he had purchased and shared with Demi was laced with Fentanyl, the same substance that caused the deaths of both Lil Peep and Prince.
The dealer allegedly left the home after seeing the "Sober" artist laying in bed with heavy breathing. Demi is said to have been using his services with April.
Demi Lovato was rushed to the hospital in which she received care for two weeks. Once she gathered her strength, she entered the next phase of her recovery in a rehabilitation facility. Last Friday, she and her mom flew to Mexico to acquire help from a renowned addiction specialist. The entertainer has set her sights on her health as she promised her fans.