About Nicki Minaj
The First Lady of YMCMB needs little introduction. Nicki Minaj has seen success well beyond the mainstream, exploding into international pop stardom since singing with signing a record deal with Lil Wayne's Young Money Entertainment in 2009. She's appeared on the Billboard Hot 100 chart forty-four times (more than any other female rapper), and has received seven BET Awards as well as four American Music Awards. To date, she's sold five million albums worldwide.
Throughout her prolific career, the multitalented emcee / singer / songwriter / actress / television personality has collaborated with the likes of Max B, Ne-Yo, Lil Kim, French Montana, Jadakiss, Gucci Mane, Pusha T, Fabolous, Mario, Waka Flocka Flame, Soulja Boy, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Eminem, Britney Spears and many more.
Most recently, DJ Khaled proposed to her (which turned out to be a publicity stunt for his "I Wanna Be With You" single), launched her signature "Pink Pro" headphones via Beats By Dre and called out Universal for removing her "Boss Ass Bitch" remix from Soundcloud. Never a dull moment.
Photo credit: Theo Wargo/Getty Images
- Nicki is of Indian and Afro-Trinidadian descent.
- Although a Queens, New York representative, she was born in Saint James, Port Of Spain, Trinidad And Tobago.
- Nicki Minaj has two brothers named Jelani and Makiya.
- Thus far, she's the only female emcee to be included on Forbes's Hip-Hop Cash Kings list.
- Nicki's cousin Nicholas Telemaque was murdered in Brooklyn in July 2011.
- She held past jobs in administrative assistance, customer service and office management.
- Her debut album, Pink Friday, has been certified 4X Platinum.
- Nicki played the clarinet in middle school.
- Her mother was a gospel singer.
- Nicki Minaj is a Sagittarius.
- Pink Friday2010
- Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded2012
- The Pinkprint2014