Akon is an acclaimed Senegalese-American R&B recording artist, musician, songwriter and producer. His most popular hit is his 2004 single "Locked Up", from his debut album Trouble. He received three Grammy nominations for his second album, Konvicted. Akon has also held both the number one and two spots simultaneously on the Billboard Hot 100 charts and is the first artist to do so. He has worked with many legendary artists such as Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston.
The last we heard of Akon was his November 2013 single "On Some Bullshit".
Stay tuned for updates on his career, and visit akon.com for details.
- Akon's family moved to Newark, New Jersey when he was seven.
- He has sung songs in Tamil, Hindu and Spanish.
- Akon can play drums, guitar and djembe.
- Akon's 2005 single "Lonely" peaked within the Top 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Although born in St. Louis, Missouri, Akon considers Senegal his home.
- He is the owner of a diamond mine in South Africa.
- Akon's mother was a dancer and his father a percussionist.
- Four of his songs have been certified 3x Platinum.
- Akon claims to have six children with six different women.
- Akon is an Aries.
- Operations Of Nature1996
- Belly Dancer (Bananza)2005
- Global Lockdown (The Locked Up Remixes)2004
- Pot Of Gold2005
- Locked Up2003
- Lonely / Trouble Nobody2005