Tyler, The Creator
About Tyler, The Creator
When the Los Angeles based hip-hop collective Odd Future gained serious worldwide attention in 2011, it was due to OF frontman Tyler, The Creator’s creativity. He dropped the music video for “Yonkers”, the first single off of his first studio album, and ever since he and his fellow OF members have been at the center of the hip-hop world. Overall, Tyler has released two studio albums, Goblin (2011) and Wolf (2013) as well as his first solo project, a free album called “Bastard” that he released in 2009. He was also instrumental in Odd Future’s four collective projects. Since beginning his career, he has collaborated predominantly with OF members like Earl Sweatshirt, Hodgy Beats, Domo Genesis, and Frank Ocean. He has collaborated outside of OF several times, including working with Game, Casey Veggies, Pusha T, Mac Miller, Pharrell, and DJ Drama. He has also developed a close relationship with Kanye West, who made a surprise appearance at OF’s carnival in 2013. Tyler performed at the YouTube Music Awards in 2013. He made headlines when he called out YouTube in explicit fashion, on the red carpet of YouTube’s own show. He later explained that he believed YouTube had an opportunity to showcase talent and creativity in its’ nominations and failed to do so. Tyler is an outspoken guy, and respects true talent and creativity. He has not announced plans for his next project, but he is likely working on something, whether it be rapping, producing, or filmmaking, that will drop in 2014.
- He attended twelve years of grade school at twelve different schools.
- He dissed artists B.o.B, Bruno Mars, and Hayley Williams in Game’s song “Martians vs. Goblins”.
- He taught himself how to play the piano at age fourteen.
- He suffers from asthma and brings his inhaler to performances.
- He never met his father who was Nigerian and he raps about him on the track “Answer” on ‘Wolf’.
- Garbage (GTA V) Tyler, The Creator618K Views128 Comments
- Look Tyler, The Creator Feat. Hodgy Beats, Domo Genesis & Earl Sweatshirt149K Views185 Comments
- Come Threw Looking Clean Tyler, The Creator139K Views66 Comments
- End/Golden Girl Frank Ocean Feat. Tyler, The Creator136K Views58 Comments
- Trouble on My Mind Pusha T Feat. Tyler, The Creator130K Views38 Comments
- The Purge ScHoolboy Q Feat. Tyler, The Creator & Kurupt123K Views134 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Cries After Meeting His "Father" On The Eric Andre Show42,747 Views18 Comments
- Young Nigga (Tyler, The Creator) Feat. Ice JJ Fish “I Just Bought a Bugatti (I’m Happy)” Video36,331 Views23 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Feat. Domo Genesis "Sam Is Dead" Video25,207 Views3 Comments
- Tyler The Creator Feat. Frank Ocean "She" Video25,046 Views6 Comments
- Tyler The Creator "Tamale" Video20,838 Views26 Comments
- Stream Mac Miller's "GO:OD AM"138,892 Views
- Tyler, The Creator Releases "Cherry Bomb" Tracklist78,581 Views
- Lil Wayne Being Sued By Trukfit Model For Using Her Image On T-Shirt6,276 Views33 Comments
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"8,678 Views136 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"3,988 Views20 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th11,077 Views34 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20166,325 Views25 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"12,850 Views56 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption20,126 Views70 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together17,428 Views83 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist8,946 Views20 Comments
- Former Cowboys Running Back Arrested For Assaulting A Law Officer At A Casino5,587 Views0 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Countersued By Former Label9,038 Views25 Comments
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season2,763 Views0 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Believes Race Played Role In His Overseas Bans7,131 Views33 Comments
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald8,532 Views51 Comments