When her video for "This Is How We Do" dropped, Katy Perry faced a lot of criticism for costume choices that some perceived to racist and exploitative.
There was no simmering MMG beef to light up the hip-hop conversation this week and unfortunately Meek Mill is still in jail. But life still goes on in this week's 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week.
Last week we saw r'n'b/pop take over the Billboard 200, and this week we finally see the return of rap to some of the top spots within the Billboard 200. Impressively, G-Eazy's third studio album comes in highest this week nabbing the #3 spot.
Today marks the culmination of the strangest rap career genesis this country’s ever seen, one that has included an MTV reality show, a hip-hop trio name Three Loco, OG Ron C, a Harmony Korine film, a slew of investigative articles and perhaps most importantl
RiFF RAFF's debut album, NEON iCON has been in the works for some time, but the much-delayed project from JODY 3 MOONS is finally getting an official release next week, and RiFF has shared the album as a full stream on his Soundcloud today.
RiFF RAFF just finished up a tour supporting his album NEON iCON, out June 24th, and recently he caught up with Chance The Rapper to record an impromptu freestyle session. Watch that above.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Childish Gambino was one of the many stand-out performers at this year's Summer Jam, warming up the crowds for the main stage with a stellar performance on the Festival stage, alongside the likes of Jhene Aiko (a past collaborator), Iggy Azalea and more.
Childish Gambino blessed Hot 97's Summer Jam Festival stage this past weekend, and following his set he spoke to our host Ashlee Ray about his performance inside the Beats By Dre press tent, his collaboration with Riff Raff which lives on Neon Icon, being inde
As many of you know, RiFF RAFF's long-awaited debut album, NEON iCON, is finally dropping on June 24th. Now we've got another new track from it. "Lava Glaciers" was produced by Harry Fraud and features Childish Gambino.
RiFF RAFF's debut album has suffered its share of delays, but it appears that the album will finally see release this June. The official tracklist for the effort has now been revealed, which means we likely won't be seeing any more pushbacks.
Though the status of Riff Raff's debut album, Neon Icon, is still in limbo, the oft-cornrowed MC is still making music, dropping the video for "iNSTAGRAM" today. Featuring DJ Noodles on the beat, the song is dedicated to the fine females of Instagram.
After a nine-month hiatus, Multi-Trapinum independent recording artist DOLLABILLGATES returns with the Lord Lem EP, a 7-track project produced entirely by his frequent collaborator Nuthen Nyce. Can you dig it? Let us know what you think, folks.
Far East Movement continue to push their single "The Illest" featuring Riff Raff, which they first dropped off last year, but more recently enlisted ScHoolboy Q and B.o.B for a remix treatment (listen to that here).
- Rick Ross Dropping New Music With The Dream Tomorrow6,471 Views24 Comments
- The White House Responds To Kanye West's Presidency Bid50,229 Views108 Comments
- Review: The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"22,899 Views99 Comments
- Lupe Fiasco Collecting Fans' Copies Of "Lasers" So He Can Destroy Them22,491 Views65 Comments
- Top Tracks: August 24 - August 307,643 Views10 Comments
- Rick Ross To Release New Album "Black Dollar" This Week15,823 Views74 Comments
- Trick Daddy Files For Bankruptcy6,098 Views22 Comments
- Kanye West Hosting Next Year's VMAs Is Reportedly "On The Table"8,116 Views23 Comments
- The Weeknd Talks "BBTM," Working With Kanye West, Influences7,655 Views20 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Announces "Rodeo" Tour Dates12,523 Views59 Comments
- Isaiah Rashad Teases A New Project Coming Soon9,039 Views36 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Critiques Miley Cyrus' Hosting Duties At MTV VMAs26,064 Views65 Comments
- "Straight Outta Compton" Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic Ever9,514 Views44 Comments