I think it’s safe to say that Rich Homie Quan and Young Thug have emerged as one of the best duos in rap. Granted, they might not be as lyrically enticing as Jay Z and Kanye, but they both exude passion. Prior to their rift, they were untouchable.
One of the main reasons Young Thug is so controversial is simply the way he dresses; "I swear every time I dress myself, it go motherfuckin' viral" is now one of his most famous lines.
Last month, we were pretty shocked to hear Rich Homie Quan allude to raping a woman on the recently-leaked song "I Made It" (all traces of which seem to have been wiped from the internet).
Rich Homie Quan told us on his first mixtape, in 2012, I Go In On Every Song. Next came Still Goin' In and Still Goin' In (Reloaded).
Last week (April 13), we saw two big-time releases that both dropped in surprising fashion. Tyler, the Creator released Cherry Bomb, his fourth studio album, after announcing its release only a week prior.
Rich Homie Quan was the latest guest on ESPN's "Highly Questionable", on which the rapper talked about his rough come-up (robbing houses four times a week), sports--he considers himself the rap-game Steve Smith, and his fallout with former Rich Gang partner Yo
Young Thug is causing new headlines every day as we prepare for Friday's release of Barter Six, no longer Carter Six due to legal threats--presumably from Lil Wayne's camp.
Young Thug is officially one of the most polarizing figures in the rap game. He's making headlines multiple times a week, releasing tons of music, and whether you love him or hate him, you probably have an opinion.
Earlier this week, it was reported that Rich Homie Quan assaulted a security guard in South Beach, Miami before fleeing the scene James Bond-style on a speedboat. Well, it turns out the second part of that story might not be true.
Did Young Thug Diss Rich Homie Quan On Stage? [Update: Young Thug Denies Any Beef] Mar 12, 2015 at 02:17am
Young Thug and Rich Homie Quan have made some beautiful music together, so we were a bit disappointed to hear that Rich Homie Quan was planning to work on solo material rather than further pursuing the Rich Gang project.
Last night Rich Homie Quan dropped off a new track with frequent collaborator Young Thug, "Homie," however those frequent collaborations may slow down a minute as Rich Homie says in a recent interview that he's going to be focusing on his solo music.
Rich Gang is now synonymous with Young Thug and Rich Homie Quan. The young duo is the hottest commodity out of Atlanta, and they haven't even released an album. Their music is different than anyone else's, but then again, everything about them is different.
By this point, you're fully aware that Lil Wayne and Birdman are not on the best of terms, as Wayne has expressed a desire to leave Cash Money, claiming Birdman won't release his completed studio album, Tha Carter V.
Rich Homie Quan Reveals Release Date For Rich Gang's "Tha Tour Part 2" & New EP Due Out January Dec 15, 2014 at 11:55am
Last week quite a bit of Rich Homie Quan music hit the net, some of which was released officially, and some of which was leaked.
From the trio that brought you "Lifestyle" comes... a mixtape? Yes, Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan, and their generous benefactor Birdman have announced a joint tape under the name Rich Gang. Tha Tour Part 1, as it's titled, drops on September 29th.
As we've seen plenty of in the past, rappers like to pay homage to the things they love in tattoo-form. Kevin Gates recently had an interview where he explained many of his face tattoos, some of which are similar to Cash Money's Birdman.
It's been a bizarre saga as to where Young Thug's affiliations lie. First, he claimed to be a free agent no longer with Atlantic. Then, he inferred that he signed to Cash Money, but then labelhead Birdman quickly denied it.
July 30th approached quickly for Soulja Boy. Originally announced as an album, Life After Fame arrived at its release date with little to no hype.
Last week we contemplated the low sales for Ace Hood's Trials & Tribulations album. This week, we see a severe drop for Ace's album, at the same time we get a new entry with similarly low sales, Rich Gang.
The numbers are in for the Rich Gang compilation album. Even without Drake, the YMCMB family and friends collaborative record debuted within the top 10 of the Billboard 200.
This feature highlights a hand-picked selection of some of the bigger tracks of the week. We have chosen a few of the tracks that landed within our top 25 most played, focusing on those that stood out and left room for discussion.
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th7,089 Views18 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"5,109 Views16 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show6,193 Views18 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks4,197 Views2 Comments
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday6,889 Views26 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month8,440 Views38 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show18,829 Views30 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today6,418 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj61,677 Views235 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal141,827 Views812 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"76,379 Views145 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"64,447 Views84 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,213 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,976 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"48,824 Views166 Comments