Grammy-award winning recording artist Pitbull is one of today’s household names among the music industry worldwide. Since beginning his career in 2001, Pitbull has released seven studio albums. His albums have features several hit singles such as “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)” and “Hotel Room Service”, both of which came off of his 2009 album ‘Rebelution’. Over the course of his career, he has collaborated with Lil Jon, Fat Joe, Pretty Ricky, Jim Jones, Lloyd, Akon, T-Pain, Chris Brown, Shakira, Christina Aguilera, Kesha, DJ Khaled, Twista, Ying Yang Twins, Cypress Hill, LMFAO, Usher, Ray J, Jennifer Lopez, Shaggy, Timbaland, and Flo Rida among countless others. In 2013, Pitbull’s track “Welcome To Dade County” featured lines clearly intended as disses at Lil Wayne regarding the latter’s rant about the Miami Heat. After a brief back-and-forth on Twitter, Pitbull stated that he meant no disrespect. In late 2013, he released the EP to his seventh album, Global Warming: Meltdown. He has yet to announce upcoming plans, so do not expect a new Pitbull project in the near future.
- He was born to Cuban immigrants, and by age three he had memorized the works of the legendary Cuban poet José Martí.
- His song “Oye” was featured on the soundtrack of the film 2 Fast 2 Furious in 2003.
- His album ‘Armando’, released in 2010, was recorded in Spanish.
- He has appeared in multiple Bud Light commercials.
- He helped build the Sports Leadership and Management school in Little Havana, the Miami neighborhood where he grew up.