Mistah F.A.B. News
- DJ Mustard & YG Dispel Rumors Of An Altercation With Mistah F.A.B. Last Night [Update: Footage Of Altercation Released]Jun 9, 2014 at 09:55pmRumors of an altercation during DJ Mustard's set in Oakland arose this morning, but the producer and his friend and collaborator, YG are shutting down claims.Sources have reported that Bay Area rapper Mistah F.A.B. and his crew approached Mustard during the show, and allegedly slapped and robbed him of his chain. Mustard has subsequently posted a video to Instagram in which he and YG laugh off the rumors, while tossing around plenty of racks.
- DJ Mustard On Mistah F.A.B. Scuffle: "I'm A Millionaire Now, So I Ain't Really Worried About Fighting"Jun 17, 2014 at 04:29pmDJ Mustard made headlines last week when video of a scuffle between Mistah F.A.B.'s crew and his own hit the web. The tension between the posses was rooted in F.A.B.'s belief that Mustard had not properly credited the Bay Area with informing his sound.
- What Is Hyphy Hip-Hop?Jan 21, 2015 at 02:43pmIn its four-plus decades of existence, hip-hop has always been steadily evolving. Like all evolutionary paths, hip-hop’s hasn’t moved in a straight line. For every decision that moved the genre forward as a whole, there were artistic niches and splinter groups that either went flourished before rapidly going extinct or moved on into their own lane entirely. In this series, we’ll look to introduce our readers to some of the more interesting branches and subgenres that sprouted from the hip-hop family tree and give a primer of some essential tracks.
- Too Short Set To Drop "19,999" EP TomorrowNov 3, 2014 at 01:28pmThis summer, Bay Area stalwart Too Short dropped a hilarious track called "19,999," the title of which referred to the number of women he claims to have slept with. An equally funny video soon followed, and now it appears as if the song will give way to an EP of the same name, arriving tomorrow.
- What’s New In Battle Rap (February 20)Feb 20, 2015 at 05:02pmBattle rap is quickly growing as a culture. What was almost completely relegated to street corners and Youtube a few years ago has garnered national recognition, more tv programming, Pay-Per-View events, and other attention of the mainstream media. Hip Hop icons like Eminem and Snoop Dogg have put on events for the battle scene and at this rate things can only continue to expand. That being the case, we’re here to keep you updated on all things battle rap. Now is a great time to join the culture.
- Underrated Audio: January 29- February 4Feb 5, 2013 at 02:58pmThe past week has brought a bunch of new mixtapes, including personal favorites from Curren$y and CyHi. I'm glad to see Spitta back on his rapping shit and choosing quality beats once again.