About Metro Boomin
Believe it or not, Future’s hit track “Karate Chop”, a track that was later released as a single featuring Lil Wayne, was produced by a 19-year-old. That teen, who is now 20, is St. Louis-born, Atlanta-living Metro Boomin. The young producer released a mixtape in October 2013 titled “19 & Boomin” – a fitting name, seeing the guests who appeared on the project.
At this point in his career, Metro Boomin has collaborated with several notable artists including doing several tracks with Future, as well as Gucci Mane, OJ da Juiceman, Ace Hood, Young Thug, Curren$y, Young Scooter, DJ Spinz, Trinidad James, and various others.
He has yet to announce a forthcoming project of his own, but he is set to appear on Future’s second album “Honest” that is expected to drop in early 2014. Metro Boomin is one of the hottest rising producers in the game, so expect him to produce some big-time tracks in the near future.
- He spent his freshman fall semester at Morehouse College in Atlanta studying business management, but took the next semester off due to the success of “Karate Chop”.
- He was set to appear on Chief Keef’s album but it fell through due to business issues.
- He makes beats in his college dormitory.
- He has been making trips from St. Louis to Atlanta since 11th grade after he met OJ da Juiceman.
Top Songsall songs
Rich Nigga Shit Metro Boomin Feat. Young Thug18.9K Views35 Comments
Mink on the Floor (Prod. By Metro Boomin, Dun Deal, Southside, & DJ Spinz) Metro Boomin Feat. Curren$y & Peewee Roscoe8K Views9 Comments
Maison Margiela (Prod. By Metro Boomin & DJ Spinz) Metro Boomin Feat. Future7.8K Views6 Comments
You A Drug Metro Boomin Feat. Gucci Mane6.8K Views15 Comments
Serious Metro Boomin Feat. Trinidad Jame$ & Curtis Williams5.3K Views9 Comments
Top Mixtapesall mixtapes
Top Storiesall news
- Producers To Watch In 2014 20.8K Views
- "Karate Chop" Producer Says Lil Wayne's Emmett Till Line Was Not Meant To Be Released 8.9K Views
12 Mar 2014The Middle East Downstairs Cambridge, MA, US