New details emerge regarding OJ's parole hearing.
O.J. Simpson is reportedly set to have a parole hearing in July and he could be released from prison this year, according to NBC News' Andrew Blankstein and Daniella Silva.
O.J. has served nine years of the 33-year sentence he received for burglary and kidnapping charges stemming from an armed robbery of sports memorabilia dealers in Las Vegas.
Per NBC News,
Former Chairman Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners Thomas Patton said Monday that the board's current options were to "grant release on parole, deny parole at this time and reconsider O.J. for parole at a later date, or deny parole and require O.J. to serve the remainder of his final sentence."
"State law requires that the board consider the severity of the crime and various risk and other factors before deciding whether or not to grant parole," Patton said in a statement.
"The board members are intelligent professionals and I am confident they will arrive at a very carefully considered decision," he added. "And unlike some I cannot and have no desire to try to predict the outcome."
The 69-year old former NFL star was paroled, though not released, on some of the charges in 2013. He was previously acquitted for the murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman in the infamous 1995 case.
Pending the results of Simpson's parole hearing in July (a specific date has not yet been set) he could be released as early as October of this year.
OJ Simpson is getting another chance at parole in July https://t.co/ADfIiyzmCt— NBCWashington (@nbcwashington) May 23, 2017