Jon Jones not eligible to apply for a license until the end of August.
The California State Athletic Commission upheld the decision to revoke Jon Jones' fighting license yesterday in a unanimous decision that will essentially ban the UFC star from competing for one year, according to reports.
The 30-year old fighter tested positive for metabolites of the anabolic steroid turinabol last July, just one day before his fight against Daniel Cormier, but has maintained his innocence, saying he had " no clue" how the banned substance entered his system, according to ESPN.
Jones' license was originally revoked on August 28, 2017, according to reports, which means his ineligibility will end in August and he will once again be able to apply for a new one. While the revocation is only in the state of California, ESPN reports that the UFC and other states are expected to honor it.
"This situation is like really, really crappy," Jones said, per CBS Sports. "I don't understand how any of this happened and how it got in my system.
"I did not do steroids. I swear to my heavenly father that I am not wrong. I swear on everything."
"I've tried to imagine any scenario, someone who doesn't like me possibly doing something to a meal or drink -- which can drive a person crazy," Jones said, per ESPN.
"Any person with common sense would know not to do steroids one week before their fight. All you guys in this room are really smart. You guys know this makes no sense."
Jones had previously served a one-year suspension in 2016 stemming from a positive test for two banned anti-estrogenic agents, although he claims those were the result of a tainted sexual enhancement pill.
In addition to having his fighting license revoked, Jones was fined $205,000 for his failed drug test following UFC 214 last July.