About Jamie Foxx
If it weren't enough being an Academy-Award winning actor and hugely popular comedian, Jamie Foxx is also a Grammy winning R&B singer, having released four albums to massive success while working with artists such as Kanye West, Twista, Common, Ludacris, Mary J. Blidge, Justin Timberlake and Drake. After his career as a comedian and actor was already well-established, Foxx released his first album, Peep This, to small success. Fast forward eleven years and you have Unpredictable, the multi-talented Texas-born star's second album which saw massive success, following his collaboration with Twista and Kanye on the now-classic, "Slow Jamz." This led to two more albums, "Intuition" and "Best Night of My Life," featuring artists like T-Pain, Ne-Yo, Gucci Mane, Rick Ross, and Wiz Khalifa. The R&B Singer launched full tours to support the album and continued to appear in Hollywood films.
- Jamie is one of the few people to have both an Academy Award for acting and a Grammy Award for singing.
- Foxx was raised in Terrel, Texas, which was, at the time, a racially segregated community.
- He changed his name to Jamie Foxx with the hopes that the gender of whom the name refers was sufficiently ambiguous, after noticing that female comediennes were oft called first for open mics.
- Jamie Foxx lent his vocals for Kanye's wildly popular, "Gold Digger."
- He remains an avid fan of country music; a rather unusual taste for an R&B singer and Hip-Hop enthusiast.