Atlanta is a modern-day hotspot for rap music, but before Young Thug, Migos, Ludacris, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy or T.I. had captured the spotlight, there was a duo named OutKast.
Mobb Deep’s second studio album, The Infamous, turns 20 years old today. Through quality bars, samples, beats, and skits, Havoc and Prodigy were able to impact the trajectory hip-hop by delivering a record that is in the GOAT discussion for many.
On March 14th, 1995, Tupac Shakur released some of his finest work in the form of Me Against The World. The album, which is considered by many as his magnum opus, is comprised of 15 tracks on which Shakur wears his heart on his sleeve.
Pharcyde's Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde was released 22 years ago today on November 24, 1992, through Delicious Vinyl Records.
Rap’s early origins, if we are being historically correct, were partially nurtured by punk and new wave, coming out of rebellious Manhattan kids (and those influenced by the music coming out of the area).
Juvenile’s 400 Degreez was released in 1998, 16 years ago today. Solely produced by Mannie Fresh, it was Juvenile’s third studio album and first album released on a major label.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Big L was a New York ‘representer’ straight from the danger zone of Harlem, and in the words of my father, who hung out with the young Lamont Coleman in the 90’s: “Big L was a charismatic and cool cat back then.
On certain occasions obscure and experimental sounds explode into something extraordinary.
In early 1999, a white rapper came out of relative obscurity and pissed off a lot of people. He was a white kid from Detroit, backed by a legend in Dr. Dre, and savvy music -industry heavyweight Jimmy Lovine.
The importance of an album can be measured in several ways. Some are deemed iconic because of sale figures, others by the creativity and artistic integrity of the work, others still by their cultural influence.
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)228 Views0 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song2,957 Views19 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed1,174 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour4,473 Views38 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter4,883 Views33 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's11,124 Views39 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks1,871 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal7,232 Views15 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)804 Views1 Comment
- Samples Of The Week: A$AP Rocky Edition3,511 Views3 Comments
- Suspect In Lil Wayne Bus Shooting May Be Affiliated With Young Thug11,538 Views70 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)1,683 Views0 Comments
- Jay Z Put On Blast For All-White TIDAL Staff11,526 Views111 Comments
- Q&A With A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A." Co-Executive Producer Hector Delgado 3,647 Views11 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Teams Up With Adidas For New Football Cleats435 Views0 Comments
You may also like...