Atlanta is a modern-day hotspot for rap music, but before Young Thug, Migos, Ludacris, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy or T.I. had captured the spotlight, there was a duo named OutKast.
Mobb Deep’s second studio album, The Infamous, turns 20 years old today. Through quality bars, samples, beats, and skits, Havoc and Prodigy were able to impact the trajectory hip-hop by delivering a record that is in the GOAT discussion for many.
On March 14th, 1995, Tupac Shakur released some of his finest work in the form of Me Against The World. The album, which is considered by many as his magnum opus, is comprised of 15 tracks on which Shakur wears his heart on his sleeve.
Pharcyde's Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde was released 22 years ago today on November 24, 1992, through Delicious Vinyl Records.
Rap’s early origins, if we are being historically correct, were partially nurtured by punk and new wave, coming out of rebellious Manhattan kids (and those influenced by the music coming out of the area).
Juvenile’s 400 Degreez was released in 1998, 16 years ago today. Solely produced by Mannie Fresh, it was Juvenile’s third studio album and first album released on a major label.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Big L was a New York ‘representer’ straight from the danger zone of Harlem, and in the words of my father, who hung out with the young Lamont Coleman in the 90’s: “Big L was a charismatic and cool cat back then.
On certain occasions obscure and experimental sounds explode into something extraordinary.
In early 1999, a white rapper came out of relative obscurity and pissed off a lot of people. He was a white kid from Detroit, backed by a legend in Dr. Dre, and savvy music -industry heavyweight Jimmy Lovine.
The importance of an album can be measured in several ways. Some are deemed iconic because of sale figures, others by the creativity and artistic integrity of the work, others still by their cultural influence.
- Wale Announces Upcoming “Go-Go” Album531 Views7 Comments
- Lil Wayne Announces Lil Weezyana Fest, Hot Boys Reunion12,603 Views48 Comments
- Future On New Album: "The World Is Ready"12,187 Views93 Comments
- John Wall Debuts His Next Signature Sneaker, The Adidas J Wall 22,447 Views0 Comments
- Reddit User Claims To Have Recorded All Of Kanye West's "SWISH"15,389 Views50 Comments
- The Streaming "Game Of Thrones": Drake & Apple Music Vs. Jay-Z & TIDAL16,510 Views76 Comments
- YG Shares Post-Shooting Crotch Shot On Instagram12,907 Views20 Comments
- Joe Budden Clarifies Remarks On Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj13,777 Views18 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Announces New Single, Takes Kids On Surprise Field Trip5,699 Views21 Comments
- 10 California Locations Mentioned On Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"3,001 Views16 Comments
- Ciara & Russell Wilson Are Abstaining From Sex11,936 Views66 Comments
- Kelly Rowland Joins The Cast Of "Empire"2,757 Views9 Comments
- Behind The Beat: TM884,546 Views20 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar's Next Reebok Collab Tries To Unite Gang Members4,240 Views0 Comments
You may also like...