Atlanta is a modern-day hotspot for rap music, but before Young Thug, Migos, Ludacris, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy or T.I. had captured the spotlight, there was a duo named OutKast.
Mobb Deep’s second studio album, The Infamous, turns 20 years old today. Through quality bars, samples, beats, and skits, Havoc and Prodigy were able to impact the trajectory hip-hop by delivering a record that is in the GOAT discussion for many.
On March 14th, 1995, Tupac Shakur released some of his finest work in the form of Me Against The World. The album, which is considered by many as his magnum opus, is comprised of 15 tracks on which Shakur wears his heart on his sleeve.
Pharcyde's Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde was released 22 years ago today on November 24, 1992, through Delicious Vinyl Records.
Rap’s early origins, if we are being historically correct, were partially nurtured by punk and new wave, coming out of rebellious Manhattan kids (and those influenced by the music coming out of the area).
Juvenile’s 400 Degreez was released in 1998, 16 years ago today. Solely produced by Mannie Fresh, it was Juvenile’s third studio album and first album released on a major label.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Big L was a New York ‘representer’ straight from the danger zone of Harlem, and in the words of my father, who hung out with the young Lamont Coleman in the 90’s: “Big L was a charismatic and cool cat back then.
On certain occasions obscure and experimental sounds explode into something extraordinary.
In early 1999, a white rapper came out of relative obscurity and pissed off a lot of people. He was a white kid from Detroit, backed by a legend in Dr. Dre, and savvy music -industry heavyweight Jimmy Lovine.
The importance of an album can be measured in several ways. Some are deemed iconic because of sale figures, others by the creativity and artistic integrity of the work, others still by their cultural influence.
- Action Bronson's Public NXNE Performance Cancelled Following Misogyny Criticism4,845 Views28 Comments
- Nicki Minaj "Demands" Orgasms, Advises Women To Do The Same19,191 Views62 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)3,868 Views4 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song11,962 Views37 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed2,857 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour13,209 Views58 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter8,711 Views46 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's20,869 Views51 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks2,537 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal10,649 Views18 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)1,414 Views2 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: A$AP Rocky Edition5,207 Views4 Comments
- Suspect In Lil Wayne Bus Shooting May Be Affiliated With Young Thug15,979 Views75 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)2,459 Views0 Comments
- Jay Z Put On Blast For All-White TIDAL Staff13,962 Views121 Comments
You may also like...