Mobb Deep’s second studio album, The Infamous, turns 20 years old today. Through quality bars, samples, beats, and skits, Havoc and Prodigy were able to impact the trajectory hip-hop by delivering a record that is in the GOAT discussion for many.
On March 14th, 1995, Tupac Shakur released some of his finest work in the form of Me Against The World. The album, which is considered by many as his magnum opus, is comprised of 15 tracks on which Shakur wears his heart on his sleeve.
Pharcyde's Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde was released 22 years ago today on November 24, 1992, through Delicious Vinyl Records.
Rap’s early origins, if we are being historically correct, were partially nurtured by punk and new wave, coming out of rebellious Manhattan kids (and those influenced by the music coming out of the area).
Juvenile’s 400 Degreez was released in 1998, 16 years ago today. Solely produced by Mannie Fresh, it was Juvenile’s third studio album and first album released on a major label.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Big L was a New York ‘representer’ straight from the danger zone of Harlem, and in the words of my father, who hung out with the young Lamont Coleman in the 90’s: “Big L was a charismatic and cool cat back then.
On certain occasions obscure and experimental sounds explode into something extraordinary.
In early 1999, a white rapper came out of relative obscurity and pissed off a lot of people. He was a white kid from Detroit, backed by a legend in Dr. Dre, and savvy music -industry heavyweight Jimmy Lovine.
The importance of an album can be measured in several ways. Some are deemed iconic because of sale figures, others by the creativity and artistic integrity of the work, others still by their cultural influence.
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"193 Views4 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight4,461 Views8 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"8,708 Views56 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather18,285 Views29 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date41,788 Views116 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now13,658 Views25 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"3,629 Views24 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"4,667 Views25 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party3,390 Views22 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)1,474 Views8 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness7,753 Views50 Comments
- Ranking Fabolous' Friday Freestyles From Worst To Best8,093 Views36 Comments
- Dame Dash Is Suing His Ex-Wife For $2.5 Million6,656 Views28 Comments
- Lyrics On Big Sean's "Stay Down" Rumored To Play Part In Break-Up With Ariana Grande32,123 Views119 Comments
- Shady Music Publishing Signs Rapper/Producer Astray6,018 Views22 Comments