Atlanta is a modern-day hotspot for rap music, but before Young Thug, Migos, Ludacris, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy or T.I. had captured the spotlight, there was a duo named OutKast.
Mobb Deep’s second studio album, The Infamous, turns 20 years old today. Through quality bars, samples, beats, and skits, Havoc and Prodigy were able to impact the trajectory hip-hop by delivering a record that is in the GOAT discussion for many.
On March 14th, 1995, Tupac Shakur released some of his finest work in the form of Me Against The World. The album, which is considered by many as his magnum opus, is comprised of 15 tracks on which Shakur wears his heart on his sleeve.
Pharcyde's Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde was released 22 years ago today on November 24, 1992, through Delicious Vinyl Records.
Rap’s early origins, if we are being historically correct, were partially nurtured by punk and new wave, coming out of rebellious Manhattan kids (and those influenced by the music coming out of the area).
Juvenile’s 400 Degreez was released in 1998, 16 years ago today. Solely produced by Mannie Fresh, it was Juvenile’s third studio album and first album released on a major label.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
Big L was a New York ‘representer’ straight from the danger zone of Harlem, and in the words of my father, who hung out with the young Lamont Coleman in the 90’s: “Big L was a charismatic and cool cat back then.
On certain occasions obscure and experimental sounds explode into something extraordinary.
In early 1999, a white rapper came out of relative obscurity and pissed off a lot of people. He was a white kid from Detroit, backed by a legend in Dr. Dre, and savvy music -industry heavyweight Jimmy Lovine.
The importance of an album can be measured in several ways. Some are deemed iconic because of sale figures, others by the creativity and artistic integrity of the work, others still by their cultural influence.
- Kidd Kidd Arrested During XXL Freshman Concert In NYC13,722 Views32 Comments
- Scottie Pippen Says He Was LeBron James Before LeBron James4,735 Views0 Comments
- Review: Miguel's "WILDHEART"12,848 Views23 Comments
- Joell Ortiz Says Slaughterhouse's Album "Glass House" Is Done6,345 Views15 Comments
- Young Thug Says Kanye Bought Him A Pair Of Yeezys From A Reseller On eBay10,226 Views0 Comments
- Review: King Los' "God, Money, War" 11,661 Views101 Comments
- Apple Music Officially Launchs, Pharrell Releases "Freedom" On It11,234 Views58 Comments
- The 10 Craziest Tour Riders In Hip-Hop13,541 Views41 Comments
- A$AP Rocky & Wiz Khalifa Announce European Tour10,086 Views25 Comments
- Online Air Jordan Restock Announced For Today5,285 Views0 Comments
- Top Tracks: June 22 - June 2816,457 Views12 Comments
- The Game Ordered To Pay Nanny $200K24,070 Views50 Comments
- Diddy On His Fall At The BET Awards: "I Busted My Ass!"16,787 Views34 Comments
- Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" Will Be Available To Stream For First Time On Apple Music10,908 Views46 Comments
- Meek Mill's Tour Rider Is Mostly Meat & Alcohol20,894 Views46 Comments