King Louie News
- Kanye West & King Louie Were In The Studio TogetherJan 27, 2015 at 11:27 AMYeezus was filled with unexpected moments, but King Louie's feature on "Send It Up" was one of the biggest surprises. Since guesting on the experimental record, Louie has continued to release some of Chicago's best music, and may or may not have inked a deal with Drake's OVO Sound label (if not he's campaigning pretty hard for it).
- King Louie Has New Tattoos Of OVO Owl & 6 GodDec 3, 2014 at 10:47 AMWell, this is interesting. Chicago rapper King Louie may be quietly signed to Drake's OVO imprint, at least, that would be a good explanation for his latest tattoos. Otherwise he's campaigning to get signed really hard.
- Stream/Download King Louie's New "Soprano" EPNov 6, 2014 at 10:12 PMWell here’s a new treat for the streets. Coming out of nowhere, Chicago's King Louie decides surprise fans and release a brand new freEP tonight called Soprano.
- King Louie Announces "Drilluminati 3: God Of Drill," Shares ArtworkOct 10, 2014 at 07:08 PMAlthough the dust is still settling on his summer mixtape Tony, King Louie is taking no time at all to announce a follow up, which will be the third installment in his Drilluminati series. Entitled Drilluminati 3: God Of Drill, the tape features artwork of a headless man holding a pistol and what appear to be blunt wraps -- view it in the gallery above.
- Common Shares Artwork For "Nobody's Smiling" Featuring G Count And King Louie [Update: Official Standard/Deluxe Covers Released]Jun 25, 2014 at 12:49 PMWith his new album Nobody's Smiling, Common has already made his mission clear: the violence tearing apart Chicago's youth must be addressed. But, in a very cool move, Common doesn't seem to be condemning any of the city's younger rappers, many of whom are associated with the drill scene -- quite the opposite in fact. Multiple versions of his new album's artwork will feature rappers like G Count, King Louie, Lil Herb, Lil Bibby, KD Young Cocky and Dreezy on the cover.
- King Louie Announces "TONY" Mixtape With Cover ArtApr 24, 2014 at 12:57 PMKing Louie is ready to follow up last year's mixtape effort Drilluminati 2 soon, with a new mixtape titled TONY. As you may have guessed, the project is inspired by the movie "Scarface" in both title and in the cover artwork. There's no release date yet for TONY, but King L took to his Instagram account to reveal the minimalistic cover artwork, which you can take a look at above.
- King Louie Reveals Release Date & Cover Art For "Drilluminati 2"Dec 8, 2013 at 03:01 PMAfter alluding to a sequel to his December 2012 Drilluminati mixtape for several months, Chicagoan emcee Louis Johnson, aka King Louie, has now made it official by announcing a release date via Twitter, that being December 17th. The project will feature tracks such as "Eastside Shit" and "TONY", as well as guest appearances from Lil Herb, Lil Bibby and possibly Chance The Rapper. Stay tuned for new rollout material in the coming week.
- King Louie Accused Of Setting Up A Videotaped Assault Of A Woman For PublicityJul 23, 2013 at 10:03 PMComing fresh off the release of his brand new mixtape, Jeep Music, King Louie is making headlines tonight for allegedly hiring a woman to attack another female associate on film in order to "promote himself as a rapper".
- King L Talks About Kanye West's "Send It Up" RecordJun 14, 2013 at 09:02 PMAfter hearing the new leak from Kanye and King Louie just earlier today, MTV News got a chance to talk with King L about the track "Send It Up", and what it was like recording with Kanye out in Paris.