About Childish Gambino
Childish Gambino (AKA Donald Glover, AKA Troy from Community) is one of the most divisive figures in contemporary hip-hop. Although he has an extensive and devout cult following, he has yet to be fully embraced by the rap blogosphere (much to the chagrin of said fan base).
Throughout his rap career, the multitalented actor/writer/comedian/emcee/producer has collaborated with Chance The Rapper, Jhene Aiko, Trinidad James, Macklemore, Kenna, Josh Osho, Just A Band, Gucci Mane, Young Scooter, Alley Boy, Rudimental, Alan Wilkis, Young Dro, DJ Reflex, Funkmaster Flex, Kilo Kish, Cyhi The Prynce, Heems, DJ Drama, Kid Ink, Schoolboy Q, Cory Gunz, Rapsody, Ludovin, Sway, J. Cole and more.
Most recently, he retired from Community (having shot 5 episodes for the fifth season) and released his new album Because The Internet, which was accompanied by an elaborate rollout including a short film and an interactive script. He’s currently preparing to embark on the "Deep Web Tour". Stay tuned.
- 'Bino produces and DJs under the moniker "mcDJ".
- Gambino was born on California's Edwards Air Force Base in September 1983.
- His moniker is the result of entering Donald Glover in the Wu-Tang Name Generator.
- He can play drums, guitar and bass, and is proficient with synthesizers, sequencers and samplers.
- Seal's "Kiss From A Rose" is Childish Gambino's favorite karaoke track.
- He's often mistaken for Danny Glover's son.
- He attended Georgia's DeKalb School Of The Arts as well as Lakeside High School.
- Gambino received a degree in dramatic writing from New York University's Tisch School Of The Arts in 2006.
- Childish Gambino was raised a Jehova’s Witness.
- 'Bino makes a mean Osso buco.
- Because The Internet2013