About Brick Squad
Even the most peripheral rap fan will have at least heard of Gucci Mane's 1017 Brick Squad collective / imprint - either that or the oft-shouted "SQUAAAD!" ad-lib associated with it (popularized by estranged affiliate Waka Flocka Flame). Unfortunately, after months of disagreements from within the label in late 2013 (mostly between Gucci Mane and Waka), the collective's spirit deteriorated. It all began with a tweet from Gucci that simply read: "Fuck bricksquad im. Sucka free. 1017". This was apparently brought on by accusations that Gucci paid for rapper Young Vito's lawyer fees during his trial for the murder of Brick Squad artist Slim Dunkin, of which he was eventually acquitted. Understandably, the Brick Squad Records CEO went on to seriously deny this claim, and a long exchange ensued on Twitter throughout the day. Waka and Gucci took shots at each other first, and were eventually joined by Waka's cousin Frenchie (who took his side) and Wooh Da Kid, who took the opportunity to attack both Gucci and OJ Da Juiceman. Frenchie accused Gucci of stealing money from him that was owed after his signing with Brick Squad (via Warner). However, Gucci claimed the money had in fact been taken by his former manager, Debra Antney, who is both Waka's mother and Frenchie's aunt. Needless to say, this didn't go over well. At this point, the future of Brick Squad is uncertain. Waka Flocka claims to own a stake in the label, as well as owning its subsidiary imprint Brick Squad Monopoly. Also, Chief Keef, Young Scooter, and Young Thug have all recently signed to Brick Squad 1017. Stay tuned for updates.
- 1017 Brick Squad Records came to be after the dissolution of So Icey Entertainment.
- Waka Flocka Flame's Brick Squad Monopoly imprint is a subsidiary of 1017 Brick Squad.
- Other than Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame and OJ Da Juiceman were 1017 Brick Squad's first signees.
- The label got its first taste of mainstream success after Gucci released his 2009 album The State vs. Radric Davis.
- Unfortunately, Gucci Mane filed a lawsuit against OJ Da Juiceman, Khia Stone, Zaytoven, Waka Flocka Flame and his mother Debra Antney in November 2013, accusing them of breach of contract, racketeering and fraud.
- U Mean 2 Tell Me Plies Feat. Young Scooter21K Views19 Comments
- What Happened To Me Young Scooter15K Views11 Comments
- Cost To Be Me Peewee Longway2.8K Views3 Comments
- Everything Brick Squad249 Views10 Comments
- Young Dolph "PREACH" Video2,545 Views
- Jay 305 Feat. Joe Moses "Thuggin" Video2,506 Views2 Comments
- Young Scooter "Talks Gucci Mane & Brick Squad" Video35 Views2 Comments
- Who Is Rickey Wayne?T-Wayne86K Views 14K Downloads 48 Comments
- 6 Ringz 2 (The Playoffs Edition)OJ Da Juiceman35K Views 5.7K Downloads 27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Presents: Bricksquad Mafia (Hosted By DBrick Squad28K Views 16K Downloads 20 Comments
- Review: Chief Keef's "Bang Pt. 2"39,337 Views
- Stream OJ Da Juiceman & Zaytoven's Joint Project "Juice vs Zay"2,325 Views20 Comments
- Stream Dreezy's "Call It What You Want" EP3,613 Views7 Comments
- VH1 Announces Premiere Date For The Game's Dating Show "She's Got Game"10,189 Views46 Comments
- Mariah Carey To Get Her Own Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame3,557 Views23 Comments
- Shy Glizzy Arrested In Maryland19,040 Views22 Comments
- David Banner Sues Young Money Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties14,871 Views39 Comments
- Fetty Wap The First Male Rapper To Have Two Top 10 Singles Since Lil Wayne38,335 Views172 Comments
- Damian Lillard Releases New Song Using Classic Jadakiss Beat2,811 Views0 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Announces "Family Matters" Tour7,051 Views11 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Says Kanye West Almost Narrated "Surf"9,048 Views17 Comments
- 7 Times Rappers Trolled The World23,270 Views27 Comments
- Young Thug Waives His Preliminary Hearing In Terroristic Threats Case13,787 Views30 Comments
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Cover Complex5,023 Views53 Comments
- Ebro Speaks On Funk Flex Fiasco, Responds To Power 105.132,417 Views53 Comments
- Charlamagne Tha God Gives Funkmaster Flex "Donkey Of The Day"42,647 Views63 Comments