About Brick Squad
Even the most peripheral rap fan will have at least heard of Gucci Mane's 1017 Brick Squad collective / imprint - either that or the oft-shouted "SQUAAAD!" ad-lib associated with it (popularized by estranged affiliate Waka Flocka Flame). Unfortunately, after months of disagreements from within the label in late 2013 (mostly between Gucci Mane and Waka), the collective's spirit deteriorated. It all began with a tweet from Gucci that simply read: "Fuck bricksquad im. Sucka free. 1017". This was apparently brought on by accusations that Gucci paid for rapper Young Vito's lawyer fees during his trial for the murder of Brick Squad artist Slim Dunkin, of which he was eventually acquitted. Understandably, the Brick Squad Records CEO went on to seriously deny this claim, and a long exchange ensued on Twitter throughout the day. Waka and Gucci took shots at each other first, and were eventually joined by Waka's cousin Frenchie (who took his side) and Wooh Da Kid, who took the opportunity to attack both Gucci and OJ Da Juiceman. Frenchie accused Gucci of stealing money from him that was owed after his signing with Brick Squad (via Warner). However, Gucci claimed the money had in fact been taken by his former manager, Debra Antney, who is both Waka's mother and Frenchie's aunt. Needless to say, this didn't go over well. At this point, the future of Brick Squad is uncertain. Waka Flocka claims to own a stake in the label, as well as owning its subsidiary imprint Brick Squad Monopoly. Also, Chief Keef, Young Scooter, and Young Thug have all recently signed to Brick Squad 1017. Stay tuned for updates.
- 1017 Brick Squad Records came to be after the dissolution of So Icey Entertainment.
- Waka Flocka Flame's Brick Squad Monopoly imprint is a subsidiary of 1017 Brick Squad.
- Other than Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame and OJ Da Juiceman were 1017 Brick Squad's first signees.
- The label got its first taste of mainstream success after Gucci released his 2009 album The State vs. Radric Davis.
- Unfortunately, Gucci Mane filed a lawsuit against OJ Da Juiceman, Khia Stone, Zaytoven, Waka Flocka Flame and his mother Debra Antney in November 2013, accusing them of breach of contract, racketeering and fraud.
- U Mean 2 Tell Me Plies Feat. Young Scooter21K Views19 Comments
- Everything Brick Squad17K Views10 Comments
- What Happened To Me Young Scooter15K Views11 Comments
- Cost To Be Me Peewee Longway8.2K Views3 Comments
- Young Dolph "PREACH" Video2,126 Views
- Young Scooter "Talks Gucci Mane & Brick Squad" Video1,809 Views2 Comments
- Jay 305 Feat. Joe Moses "Thuggin" Video1,007 Views2 Comments
- 6 Ringz 2 (The Playoffs Edition)OJ Da Juiceman35K Views 5.6K Downloads 27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Presents: Bricksquad Mafia (Hosted By DBrick Squad27K Views 15K Downloads 20 Comments
- Stream Wale's New Album "The Album About Nothing"3 Views0 Comments
- Stream Ludacris' New Album "Ludaversal"20 Views0 Comments
- Jay Z Wants TIDAL To "Extend The Album Cycle" & Restore "Fair Trade" In Music14,161 Views29 Comments
- Top 5 "Shook Ones" Freestyles13,245 Views52 Comments
- Kanye West, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, J. Cole & More Announced As Owners Of TIDAL32,044 Views62 Comments
- Lil Wayne To Release "Free Weezy Album" In April?17,138 Views69 Comments
- Kevin Durant Lists His Top-10 NBA Players, Speaks On His 'Rap Career' + More2,688 Views0 Comments
- Rihanna's 10 Hardest Hip Hop Tracks5,574 Views9 Comments
- De La Soul Launch Kickstarter For First Album In A Decade1,878 Views20 Comments
- Waka Flocka Announces "Salute Me Or Shoot Me 5" Mixtape Release Date3,966 Views22 Comments
- A History Of Wiz Khalifa X Curren$y Collabs4,986 Views15 Comments
- 50 Cent & French Montana Clown Each Other On Instagram31,956 Views70 Comments
- Action Bronson Announces "Mr. Wonderful" World Tour4,546 Views13 Comments
- The Game Allegedly Punches Man During Pro-Am Basketball Game8,751 Views28 Comments
- Top Tracks Of The Week: March 25 - March 302,721 Views5 Comments