About Brick Squad
Even the most peripheral rap fan will have at least heard of Gucci Mane's 1017 Brick Squad collective / imprint - either that or the oft-shouted "SQUAAAD!" ad-lib associated with it (popularized by estranged affiliate Waka Flocka Flame). Unfortunately, after months of disagreements from within the label in late 2013 (mostly between Gucci Mane and Waka), the collective's spirit deteriorated. It all began with a tweet from Gucci that simply read: "Fuck bricksquad im. Sucka free. 1017". This was apparently brought on by accusations that Gucci paid for rapper Young Vito's lawyer fees during his trial for the murder of Brick Squad artist Slim Dunkin, of which he was eventually acquitted. Understandably, the Brick Squad Records CEO went on to seriously deny this claim, and a long exchange ensued on Twitter throughout the day. Waka and Gucci took shots at each other first, and were eventually joined by Waka's cousin Frenchie (who took his side) and Wooh Da Kid, who took the opportunity to attack both Gucci and OJ Da Juiceman. Frenchie accused Gucci of stealing money from him that was owed after his signing with Brick Squad (via Warner). However, Gucci claimed the money had in fact been taken by his former manager, Debra Antney, who is both Waka's mother and Frenchie's aunt. Needless to say, this didn't go over well. At this point, the future of Brick Squad is uncertain. Waka Flocka claims to own a stake in the label, as well as owning its subsidiary imprint Brick Squad Monopoly. Also, Chief Keef, Young Scooter, and Young Thug have all recently signed to Brick Squad 1017. Stay tuned for updates.
- 1017 Brick Squad Records came to be after the dissolution of So Icey Entertainment.
- Waka Flocka Flame's Brick Squad Monopoly imprint is a subsidiary of 1017 Brick Squad.
- Other than Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame and OJ Da Juiceman were 1017 Brick Squad's first signees.
- The label got its first taste of mainstream success after Gucci released his 2009 album The State vs. Radric Davis.
- Unfortunately, Gucci Mane filed a lawsuit against OJ Da Juiceman, Khia Stone, Zaytoven, Waka Flocka Flame and his mother Debra Antney in November 2013, accusing them of breach of contract, racketeering and fraud.
- U Mean 2 Tell Me Plies Feat. Young Scooter21K Views19 Comments
- What Happened To Me Young Scooter15K Views11 Comments
- Cost To Be Me Peewee Longway2.9K Views3 Comments
- Everything Brick Squad252 Views10 Comments
- Young Dolph "PREACH" Video2,631 Views
- Jay 305 Feat. Joe Moses "Thuggin" Video2,595 Views2 Comments
- Young Scooter "Talks Gucci Mane & Brick Squad" Video35 Views2 Comments
- Who Is Rickey Wayne?T-Wayne91K Views 15K Downloads 48 Comments
- 6 Ringz 2 (The Playoffs Edition)OJ Da Juiceman35K Views 5.7K Downloads 27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Presents: Bricksquad Mafia (Hosted By DBrick Squad28K Views 16K Downloads 20 Comments
- Review: Chief Keef's "Bang Pt. 2"39,432 Views
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"3,430 Views35 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival2,130 Views13 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport4,692 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See10,830 Views100 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans2,494 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum14,584 Views110 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?8,964 Views85 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby17,004 Views60 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus15,197 Views80 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"5,250 Views34 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works427 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds9,392 Views38 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice2,251 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More6,545 Views17 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC2,847 Views0 Comments