About Brick Squad
Even the most peripheral rap fan will have at least heard of Gucci Mane's 1017 Brick Squad collective / imprint - either that or the oft-shouted "SQUAAAD!" ad-lib associated with it (popularized by estranged affiliate Waka Flocka Flame). Unfortunately, after months of disagreements from within the label in late 2013 (mostly between Gucci Mane and Waka), the collective's spirit deteriorated. It all began with a tweet from Gucci that simply read: "Fuck bricksquad im. Sucka free. 1017". This was apparently brought on by accusations that Gucci paid for rapper Young Vito's lawyer fees during his trial for the murder of Brick Squad artist Slim Dunkin, of which he was eventually acquitted. Understandably, the Brick Squad Records CEO went on to seriously deny this claim, and a long exchange ensued on Twitter throughout the day. Waka and Gucci took shots at each other first, and were eventually joined by Waka's cousin Frenchie (who took his side) and Wooh Da Kid, who took the opportunity to attack both Gucci and OJ Da Juiceman. Frenchie accused Gucci of stealing money from him that was owed after his signing with Brick Squad (via Warner). However, Gucci claimed the money had in fact been taken by his former manager, Debra Antney, who is both Waka's mother and Frenchie's aunt. Needless to say, this didn't go over well. At this point, the future of Brick Squad is uncertain. Waka Flocka claims to own a stake in the label, as well as owning its subsidiary imprint Brick Squad Monopoly. Also, Chief Keef, Young Scooter, and Young Thug have all recently signed to Brick Squad 1017. Stay tuned for updates.
- 1017 Brick Squad Records came to be after the dissolution of So Icey Entertainment.
- Waka Flocka Flame's Brick Squad Monopoly imprint is a subsidiary of 1017 Brick Squad.
- Other than Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame and OJ Da Juiceman were 1017 Brick Squad's first signees.
- The label got its first taste of mainstream success after Gucci released his 2009 album The State vs. Radric Davis.
- Unfortunately, Gucci Mane filed a lawsuit against OJ Da Juiceman, Khia Stone, Zaytoven, Waka Flocka Flame and his mother Debra Antney in November 2013, accusing them of breach of contract, racketeering and fraud.
- U Mean 2 Tell Me Plies Feat. Young Scooter21K Views19 Comments
- Everything Brick Squad17K Views10 Comments
- What Happened To Me Young Scooter15K Views11 Comments
- Cost To Be Me Peewee Longway8.2K Views3 Comments
- Young Dolph "PREACH" Video2,127 Views
- Young Scooter "Talks Gucci Mane & Brick Squad" Video1,809 Views2 Comments
- Jay 305 Feat. Joe Moses "Thuggin" Video1,015 Views2 Comments
- 6 Ringz 2 (The Playoffs Edition)OJ Da Juiceman35K Views 5.6K Downloads 27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Presents: Bricksquad Mafia (Hosted By DBrick Squad27K Views 15K Downloads 20 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title1,274 Views10 Comments
- First Week Numbers For Action Bronson & Earl Sweatshirt2,365 Views12 Comments
- OVO Is Opening A Pop-Up Store In L.A. 1,508 Views10 Comments
- Forbes' 2015 "Hip-Hop Cash Princes" Include Migos, Young Thug, YG & More4,830 Views25 Comments
- Quiz: Are You Wiz Khalifa Or Ty Dolla $ign?4,043 Views16 Comments
- 10 Rappers We Want To See Live With The Roots1,779 Views8 Comments
- Ciara Shares Artwork For "Jackie"9,560 Views22 Comments
- Top-10 Vines From Monday Night In The NBA584 Views0 Comments
- Migos Announce "Young Rich Nation" Tour With OG Maco2,433 Views10 Comments
- Contest: Win Jarren Benton Tickets + Meet & Greet340 Views1 Comment
- Justin Bieber's Next Album Will Have Production From Kanye West & Rick Rubin7,444 Views33 Comments
- Stream Shlohmo's New Album "Dark Red"1,454 Views4 Comments
- Young Dro Arrested For Theft8,003 Views17 Comments
- How To Tell If Your Yeezy Boosts Are Fake2,303 Views0 Comments
- Summer Jam 2015 Lineup Revealed, Featuring Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown, Big Sean & More9,528 Views14 Comments