About Brick Squad
Even the most peripheral rap fan will have at least heard of Gucci Mane's 1017 Brick Squad collective / imprint - either that or the oft-shouted "SQUAAAD!" ad-lib associated with it (popularized by estranged affiliate Waka Flocka Flame). Unfortunately, after months of disagreements from within the label in late 2013 (mostly between Gucci Mane and Waka), the collective's spirit deteriorated. It all began with a tweet from Gucci that simply read: "Fuck bricksquad im. Sucka free. 1017". This was apparently brought on by accusations that Gucci paid for rapper Young Vito's lawyer fees during his trial for the murder of Brick Squad artist Slim Dunkin, of which he was eventually acquitted. Understandably, the Brick Squad Records CEO went on to seriously deny this claim, and a long exchange ensued on Twitter throughout the day. Waka and Gucci took shots at each other first, and were eventually joined by Waka's cousin Frenchie (who took his side) and Wooh Da Kid, who took the opportunity to attack both Gucci and OJ Da Juiceman. Frenchie accused Gucci of stealing money from him that was owed after his signing with Brick Squad (via Warner). However, Gucci claimed the money had in fact been taken by his former manager, Debra Antney, who is both Waka's mother and Frenchie's aunt. Needless to say, this didn't go over well. At this point, the future of Brick Squad is uncertain. Waka Flocka claims to own a stake in the label, as well as owning its subsidiary imprint Brick Squad Monopoly. Also, Chief Keef, Young Scooter, and Young Thug have all recently signed to Brick Squad 1017. Stay tuned for updates.
- 1017 Brick Squad Records came to be after the dissolution of So Icey Entertainment.
- Waka Flocka Flame's Brick Squad Monopoly imprint is a subsidiary of 1017 Brick Squad.
- Other than Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame and OJ Da Juiceman were 1017 Brick Squad's first signees.
- The label got its first taste of mainstream success after Gucci released his 2009 album The State vs. Radric Davis.
- Unfortunately, Gucci Mane filed a lawsuit against OJ Da Juiceman, Khia Stone, Zaytoven, Waka Flocka Flame and his mother Debra Antney in November 2013, accusing them of breach of contract, racketeering and fraud.
- U Mean 2 Tell Me Plies Feat. Young Scooter21K Views19 Comments
- What Happened To Me Young Scooter15K Views11 Comments
- Cost To Be Me Peewee Longway2.8K Views3 Comments
- Everything Brick Squad239 Views10 Comments
- Young Dolph "PREACH" Video2,379 Views
- Jay 305 Feat. Joe Moses "Thuggin" Video2,155 Views2 Comments
- Young Scooter "Talks Gucci Mane & Brick Squad" Video33 Views2 Comments
- Who Is Rickey Wayne?T-Wayne54K Views 7.6K Downloads 46 Comments
- 6 Ringz 2 (The Playoffs Edition)OJ Da Juiceman35K Views 5.6K Downloads 27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Presents: Bricksquad Mafia (Hosted By DBrick Squad28K Views 16K Downloads 20 Comments
- Review: Chief Keef's "Bang Pt. 2"39,267 Views
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God934 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape5,981 Views42 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album18,176 Views131 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon9,567 Views44 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again5,652 Views25 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations5,981 Views15 Comments
- TBT: Ice Cube6,293 Views25 Comments
- PayPal Ordered To Re-Pay $15 Million For Scamming Customers8,466 Views0 Comments
- Flavor Flav Arrested On DUI & Possession Charges11,527 Views29 Comments
- Biggie Tracks To Commemorate His 43rd Birthday4,171 Views18 Comments
- Is Meek Mill Dropping A Mixtape Next Month?22,922 Views45 Comments
- Tracklist Revealed For A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A"40,920 Views188 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Dizzy Wright (May/June)3,114 Views6 Comments
- 2014-15 All-NBA Teams Announced1,956 Views0 Comments
- New Drake & Beyonce Collaboration "Can I" Leaks Online37,597 Views70 Comments