About Brick Squad
Even the most peripheral rap fan will have at least heard of Gucci Mane's 1017 Brick Squad collective / imprint - either that or the oft-shouted "SQUAAAD!" ad-lib associated with it (popularized by estranged affiliate Waka Flocka Flame). Unfortunately, after months of disagreements from within the label in late 2013 (mostly between Gucci Mane and Waka), the collective's spirit deteriorated. It all began with a tweet from Gucci that simply read: "Fuck bricksquad im. Sucka free. 1017". This was apparently brought on by accusations that Gucci paid for rapper Young Vito's lawyer fees during his trial for the murder of Brick Squad artist Slim Dunkin, of which he was eventually acquitted. Understandably, the Brick Squad Records CEO went on to seriously deny this claim, and a long exchange ensued on Twitter throughout the day. Waka and Gucci took shots at each other first, and were eventually joined by Waka's cousin Frenchie (who took his side) and Wooh Da Kid, who took the opportunity to attack both Gucci and OJ Da Juiceman. Frenchie accused Gucci of stealing money from him that was owed after his signing with Brick Squad (via Warner). However, Gucci claimed the money had in fact been taken by his former manager, Debra Antney, who is both Waka's mother and Frenchie's aunt. Needless to say, this didn't go over well. At this point, the future of Brick Squad is uncertain. Waka Flocka claims to own a stake in the label, as well as owning its subsidiary imprint Brick Squad Monopoly. Also, Chief Keef, Young Scooter, and Young Thug have all recently signed to Brick Squad 1017. Stay tuned for updates.
- 1017 Brick Squad Records came to be after the dissolution of So Icey Entertainment.
- Waka Flocka Flame's Brick Squad Monopoly imprint is a subsidiary of 1017 Brick Squad.
- Other than Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame and OJ Da Juiceman were 1017 Brick Squad's first signees.
- The label got its first taste of mainstream success after Gucci released his 2009 album The State vs. Radric Davis.
- Unfortunately, Gucci Mane filed a lawsuit against OJ Da Juiceman, Khia Stone, Zaytoven, Waka Flocka Flame and his mother Debra Antney in November 2013, accusing them of breach of contract, racketeering and fraud.
- U Mean 2 Tell Me Plies Feat. Young Scooter21K Views19 Comments
- What Happened To Me Young Scooter15K Views11 Comments
- Cost To Be Me Peewee Longway2.9K Views3 Comments
- Everything Brick Squad254 Views10 Comments
- Young Dolph "PREACH" Video2,635 Views
- Jay 305 Feat. Joe Moses "Thuggin" Video2,596 Views2 Comments
- Young Scooter "Talks Gucci Mane & Brick Squad" Video35 Views2 Comments
- Who Is Rickey Wayne?T-Wayne91K Views 15K Downloads 48 Comments
- 6 Ringz 2 (The Playoffs Edition)OJ Da Juiceman35K Views 5.7K Downloads 27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Presents: Bricksquad Mafia (Hosted By DBrick Squad28K Views 16K Downloads 20 Comments
- Review: Chief Keef's "Bang Pt. 2"39,437 Views
- Kanye West Sends Taylor Swift Flowers464 Views13 Comments
- Mac Miller Unveils "GO:OD AM" Alarm Clock App With Exclusive New Music2,085 Views9 Comments
- Quiz: Hip-Hop History1,578 Views14 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" First Week Sales Are In16,633 Views107 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign Is Launching The Pre-Order For "Free T.C." Next Week2,579 Views13 Comments
- Ranking The Features On Travi$ Scott's "Rodeo"12,772 Views80 Comments
- John Wall Reportedly Paid $20,000 For A Graffiti Portrait Of Himself1,776 Views0 Comments
- Stream Scarface's New Album, "Deeply Rooted"2,974 Views18 Comments
- Staff Picks (September 4)1,448 Views6 Comments
- The 7 Best Air Jordans To Have In Your Collection For Labor Day Weekend1,254 Views0 Comments
- Kevin Gates Announces New Album "Islah" 6,495 Views61 Comments
- Stream K Camp's Debut Album "Only Way Is Up"4,560 Views19 Comments
- Mac Miller Says Rumored "GO:OD AM" Tracklist Is Fake7,014 Views25 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (September 4)2,428 Views5 Comments
- Stream Travis Scott's Debut Album "Rodeo"46,935 Views401 Comments