About Brick Squad
Even the most peripheral rap fan will have at least heard of Gucci Mane's 1017 Brick Squad collective / imprint - either that or the oft-shouted "SQUAAAD!" ad-lib associated with it (popularized by estranged affiliate Waka Flocka Flame). Unfortunately, after months of disagreements from within the label in late 2013 (mostly between Gucci Mane and Waka), the collective's spirit deteriorated. It all began with a tweet from Gucci that simply read: "Fuck bricksquad im. Sucka free. 1017". This was apparently brought on by accusations that Gucci paid for rapper Young Vito's lawyer fees during his trial for the murder of Brick Squad artist Slim Dunkin, of which he was eventually acquitted. Understandably, the Brick Squad Records CEO went on to seriously deny this claim, and a long exchange ensued on Twitter throughout the day. Waka and Gucci took shots at each other first, and were eventually joined by Waka's cousin Frenchie (who took his side) and Wooh Da Kid, who took the opportunity to attack both Gucci and OJ Da Juiceman. Frenchie accused Gucci of stealing money from him that was owed after his signing with Brick Squad (via Warner). However, Gucci claimed the money had in fact been taken by his former manager, Debra Antney, who is both Waka's mother and Frenchie's aunt. Needless to say, this didn't go over well. At this point, the future of Brick Squad is uncertain. Waka Flocka claims to own a stake in the label, as well as owning its subsidiary imprint Brick Squad Monopoly. Also, Chief Keef, Young Scooter, and Young Thug have all recently signed to Brick Squad 1017. Stay tuned for updates.
- 1017 Brick Squad Records came to be after the dissolution of So Icey Entertainment.
- Waka Flocka Flame's Brick Squad Monopoly imprint is a subsidiary of 1017 Brick Squad.
- Other than Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame and OJ Da Juiceman were 1017 Brick Squad's first signees.
- The label got its first taste of mainstream success after Gucci released his 2009 album The State vs. Radric Davis.
- Unfortunately, Gucci Mane filed a lawsuit against OJ Da Juiceman, Khia Stone, Zaytoven, Waka Flocka Flame and his mother Debra Antney in November 2013, accusing them of breach of contract, racketeering and fraud.
- U Mean 2 Tell Me Plies Feat. Young Scooter21K Views19 Comments
- What Happened To Me Young Scooter15K Views11 Comments
- Cost To Be Me Peewee Longway2.8K Views3 Comments
- Everything Brick Squad250 Views10 Comments
- Young Dolph "PREACH" Video2,562 Views
- Jay 305 Feat. Joe Moses "Thuggin" Video2,529 Views2 Comments
- Young Scooter "Talks Gucci Mane & Brick Squad" Video35 Views2 Comments
- Who Is Rickey Wayne?T-Wayne87K Views 14K Downloads 48 Comments
- 6 Ringz 2 (The Playoffs Edition)OJ Da Juiceman35K Views 5.7K Downloads 27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Presents: Bricksquad Mafia (Hosted By DBrick Squad28K Views 16K Downloads 20 Comments
- Review: Chief Keef's "Bang Pt. 2"39,349 Views
- DJ Rhettmatic Confirms Dr. Dre X DJ Premier Collab3,637 Views18 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Applies For Full Custody Of Their 1-Year Old9,830 Views43 Comments
- Young Thug Pushes Back "Hy!£UN35" Release To September8,969 Views69 Comments
- Eminem Details His Recovery After 2007 Pill Overdose23,504 Views72 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: July 20155,199 Views7 Comments
- Jay Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" Rereleased On Vinyl With Hidden Track 18,694 Views39 Comments
- 10 Essential SBTRKT Tracks3,491 Views8 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Was Arrested For Disorderly Conduct After His Lollapalooza Stunt15,007 Views48 Comments
- Drake Says He Hasn't "Taken A Loss" All Week58,407 Views339 Comments
- Underrated Audio: July 26- August 14,082 Views4 Comments
- Remy Ma Shares Thoughts On One Year Anniversary Of Her Release From Prison6,652 Views12 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 1st17,712 Views51 Comments
- Stream Dr. Dre's Full Beats 1 Show, "The Pharmacy" 15,206 Views42 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (July 25-31)7,206 Views8 Comments
- Dr. Dre Says "Detox" Is Scrapped, "Compton: The Soundtrack" Out Next Week58,189 Views248 Comments