About Brick Squad
Even the most peripheral rap fan will have at least heard of Gucci Mane's 1017 Brick Squad collective / imprint - either that or the oft-shouted "SQUAAAD!" ad-lib associated with it (popularized by estranged affiliate Waka Flocka Flame). Unfortunately, after months of disagreements from within the label in late 2013 (mostly between Gucci Mane and Waka), the collective's spirit deteriorated. It all began with a tweet from Gucci that simply read: "Fuck bricksquad im. Sucka free. 1017". This was apparently brought on by accusations that Gucci paid for rapper Young Vito's lawyer fees during his trial for the murder of Brick Squad artist Slim Dunkin, of which he was eventually acquitted. Understandably, the Brick Squad Records CEO went on to seriously deny this claim, and a long exchange ensued on Twitter throughout the day. Waka and Gucci took shots at each other first, and were eventually joined by Waka's cousin Frenchie (who took his side) and Wooh Da Kid, who took the opportunity to attack both Gucci and OJ Da Juiceman. Frenchie accused Gucci of stealing money from him that was owed after his signing with Brick Squad (via Warner). However, Gucci claimed the money had in fact been taken by his former manager, Debra Antney, who is both Waka's mother and Frenchie's aunt. Needless to say, this didn't go over well. At this point, the future of Brick Squad is uncertain. Waka Flocka claims to own a stake in the label, as well as owning its subsidiary imprint Brick Squad Monopoly. Also, Chief Keef, Young Scooter, and Young Thug have all recently signed to Brick Squad 1017. Stay tuned for updates.
- 1017 Brick Squad Records came to be after the dissolution of So Icey Entertainment.
- Waka Flocka Flame's Brick Squad Monopoly imprint is a subsidiary of 1017 Brick Squad.
- Other than Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame and OJ Da Juiceman were 1017 Brick Squad's first signees.
- The label got its first taste of mainstream success after Gucci released his 2009 album The State vs. Radric Davis.
- Unfortunately, Gucci Mane filed a lawsuit against OJ Da Juiceman, Khia Stone, Zaytoven, Waka Flocka Flame and his mother Debra Antney in November 2013, accusing them of breach of contract, racketeering and fraud.
- U Mean 2 Tell Me Plies Feat. Young Scooter21K Views19 Comments
- What Happened To Me Young Scooter15K Views11 Comments
- Cost To Be Me Peewee Longway2.8K Views3 Comments
- Everything Brick Squad239 Views10 Comments
- Young Dolph "PREACH" Video2,384 Views
- Jay 305 Feat. Joe Moses "Thuggin" Video2,162 Views2 Comments
- Young Scooter "Talks Gucci Mane & Brick Squad" Video33 Views2 Comments
- Who Is Rickey Wayne?T-Wayne56K Views 7.8K Downloads 46 Comments
- 6 Ringz 2 (The Playoffs Edition)OJ Da Juiceman35K Views 5.6K Downloads 27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Presents: Bricksquad Mafia (Hosted By DBrick Squad28K Views 16K Downloads 20 Comments
- Review: Chief Keef's "Bang Pt. 2"39,269 Views
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday2,364 Views14 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity5,809 Views53 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend9,337 Views16 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season3,393 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2313,111 Views19 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums6,278 Views14 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 974,104 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs122,008 Views198 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine9,584 Views39 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)7,637 Views13 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL14,145 Views63 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape32,767 Views70 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them7,529 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans7,660 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)2,323 Views1 Comment