About Brick Squad
Even the most peripheral rap fan will have at least heard of Gucci Mane's 1017 Brick Squad collective / imprint - either that or the oft-shouted "SQUAAAD!" ad-lib associated with it (popularized by estranged affiliate Waka Flocka Flame). Unfortunately, after months of disagreements from within the label in late 2013 (mostly between Gucci Mane and Waka), the collective's spirit deteriorated. It all began with a tweet from Gucci that simply read: "Fuck bricksquad im. Sucka free. 1017". This was apparently brought on by accusations that Gucci paid for rapper Young Vito's lawyer fees during his trial for the murder of Brick Squad artist Slim Dunkin, of which he was eventually acquitted. Understandably, the Brick Squad Records CEO went on to seriously deny this claim, and a long exchange ensued on Twitter throughout the day. Waka and Gucci took shots at each other first, and were eventually joined by Waka's cousin Frenchie (who took his side) and Wooh Da Kid, who took the opportunity to attack both Gucci and OJ Da Juiceman. Frenchie accused Gucci of stealing money from him that was owed after his signing with Brick Squad (via Warner). However, Gucci claimed the money had in fact been taken by his former manager, Debra Antney, who is both Waka's mother and Frenchie's aunt. Needless to say, this didn't go over well. At this point, the future of Brick Squad is uncertain. Waka Flocka claims to own a stake in the label, as well as owning its subsidiary imprint Brick Squad Monopoly. Also, Chief Keef, Young Scooter, and Young Thug have all recently signed to Brick Squad 1017. Stay tuned for updates.
- 1017 Brick Squad Records came to be after the dissolution of So Icey Entertainment.
- Waka Flocka Flame's Brick Squad Monopoly imprint is a subsidiary of 1017 Brick Squad.
- Other than Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame and OJ Da Juiceman were 1017 Brick Squad's first signees.
- The label got its first taste of mainstream success after Gucci released his 2009 album The State vs. Radric Davis.
- Unfortunately, Gucci Mane filed a lawsuit against OJ Da Juiceman, Khia Stone, Zaytoven, Waka Flocka Flame and his mother Debra Antney in November 2013, accusing them of breach of contract, racketeering and fraud.
- U Mean 2 Tell Me Plies Feat. Young Scooter21K Views19 Comments
- What Happened To Me Young Scooter15K Views11 Comments
- Cost To Be Me Peewee Longway2.8K Views3 Comments
- Everything Brick Squad226 Views10 Comments
- Young Dolph "PREACH" Video2,265 Views
- Jay 305 Feat. Joe Moses "Thuggin" Video1,940 Views2 Comments
- Waka Flocka "Talks Philanthropy, Rap, Television & Film" Video586 Views3 Comments
- 6 Ringz 2 (The Playoffs Edition)OJ Da Juiceman35K Views 5.6K Downloads 27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Presents: Bricksquad Mafia (Hosted By DBrick Squad28K Views 15K Downloads 20 Comments
- Review: Chief Keef's "Bang Pt. 2"39,241 Views
- Victim in Suge Knight Hit-And-Run Incident Blames Self For Terry Carter's Death1,345 Views9 Comments
- TIDAL Just Sacked Its CEO14,041 Views50 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 11 - April 171,950 Views1 Comment
- 10 Essential Father Tracks4,744 Views13 Comments
- Jeremih Sued Over "Don't Tell 'Em" Artwork9,797 Views22 Comments
- Jordan Brand Gave Nicki Minaj Her Own 'Pink Print' Air Jordans3,405 Views0 Comments
- Ranking The NBA Playoffs Series' From Least To Most Compelling2,172 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 186,856 Views28 Comments
- Curtis Williams & Key! Arrested On Felony Charges11,185 Views29 Comments
- Stream Berner & B-Real's New EP "Prohibition 2"3,904 Views3 Comments
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (April 11 - April 17)9,978 Views11 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party7,175 Views10 Comments
- New Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Leaked6,282 Views0 Comments
- HNHH Staff Picks Playlist (April 17)4,606 Views18 Comments
- "Barter 6" Is A Mixtape; Young Thug's Debut Album Will Drop In August44,991 Views200 Comments