About Young Dro
Blessed with a permanent and playful sense of fun, Young Dro has made a career of popping, occasionally hilariously crude and effectively clever, southern-styled tracks. He rose to prominence with the release of his first album, Best Thang Smoking which featured the massively popular single, Shoulder Lean, featuring fellow southern rapper, T.I. It would be seven years before Young Dro released another album, although it would be wrong to accuse him of being inactive, considering that he released a staggering twelve solo mixtapes during this period which proved popular with Underground listeners, most notably his release of Day 2 which recieved critical acclaim. In 2013 he released his second album, High Times, to positive reviews. This time around he continued to collaborate with T.I. and also featured appearances from Doe B. and Mac Boney, under tracks produced by the likes of Smash Factory and Lil C.
- Before he rose to prominence as Young Dro, D'Juan was a little-known, young rapper known simply as Dro. Ironically he would not add the "Young" part to his moniker until years later.
- T.I. played a prank on Young Dro at Benihana, staging a birthday celebration for him with the waiters and waitresses, even though it was not his birthday.
- After dropping his single, FDB (Fuck Dat Bitch), thedrop.fm asked what would actually prompt him to utter those words. Yound Dro responded, "When the lady at Waffle House forgot to put cheese in my eggs, I was like, ‘Fuck that bitch.'"
- Young Dro was inspired to rap after Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith, one half of Kriss Kross and one of his best friends, started to blow up.
- In 2008, Dro was featured in XXL's Top 10 Freshmen list. Other rappers featured in the list were Lupe Fiasco and Saigon (among others, naturally).
- Here I Go T.I. Feat. Young Dro, Shad Da God, Mystikal & Spodee157K Views108 Comments
- FDB (Remix) Childish Gambino149K Views90 Comments
- FDB (Remx) Young Dro Feat. French Montana, T.I., Trinidad James & DJ Drama124K Views105 Comments
- We Still In This Bitch (Remix) B.o.B Feat. Young Jeezy, Young Dro & Yo Gotti100K Views43 Comments
- I Do The Most T.I. Feat. Yung Booke, Young Dro, Spodee & Shad Da God95K Views39 Comments
- FDB (Remix) Young Dro Feat. Wale, B.o.B & Chief Keef89K Views105 Comments
- Young Dro's "Grits Man" Runs Up On T.I.6,556 Views1 Comment
- Young Dro Feat. 2 Chainz "Strong (Remix)" Video5,555 Views3 Comments
- Hustle Gang Feat. Doe B, Young Dro, Birdman, B.o.B & T.I. "Kemosabe" Video4,729 Views4 Comments
- Black LabelYoung Dro131K Views 19K Downloads 55 Comments
- Day TwoYoung Dro75K Views 15K Downloads 42 Comments
- Purple LabelYoung Dro67K Views 14K Downloads 21 Comments
- Full Album Stream For Young Dro's "High Times"16,108 Views
- TIDAL Just Sacked Its CEO4,965 Views15 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 11 - April 17707 Views1 Comment
- 10 Essential Father Tracks3,856 Views12 Comments
- Jeremih Sued Over "Don't Tell 'Em" Artwork7,951 Views19 Comments
- Jordan Brand Gave Nicki Minaj Her Own 'Pink Print' Air Jordans2,986 Views0 Comments
- Ranking The NBA Playoffs Series' From Least To Most Compelling1,919 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 185,887 Views28 Comments
- Curtis Williams & Key! Arrested On Felony Charges10,423 Views28 Comments
- Stream Berner & B-Real's New EP "Prohibition 2"3,588 Views3 Comments
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (April 11 - April 17)9,597 Views10 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party6,906 Views10 Comments
- New Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Leaked6,099 Views0 Comments
- HNHH Staff Picks Playlist (April 17)4,411 Views18 Comments
- "Barter 6" Is A Mixtape; Young Thug's Debut Album Will Drop In August42,777 Views188 Comments
- 2 Chainz Sued $1.5 Million For Alleged Contract Breach13,157 Views22 Comments