About Young Dro
Blessed with a permanent and playful sense of fun, Young Dro has made a career of popping, occasionally hilariously crude and effectively clever, southern-styled tracks. He rose to prominence with the release of his first album, Best Thang Smoking which featured the massively popular single, Shoulder Lean, featuring fellow southern rapper, T.I. It would be seven years before Young Dro released another album, although it would be wrong to accuse him of being inactive, considering that he released a staggering twelve solo mixtapes during this period which proved popular with Underground listeners, most notably his release of Day 2 which recieved critical acclaim. In 2013 he released his second album, High Times, to positive reviews. This time around he continued to collaborate with T.I. and also featured appearances from Doe B. and Mac Boney, under tracks produced by the likes of Smash Factory and Lil C.
- Before he rose to prominence as Young Dro, D'Juan was a little-known, young rapper known simply as Dro. Ironically he would not add the "Young" part to his moniker until years later.
- T.I. played a prank on Young Dro at Benihana, staging a birthday celebration for him with the waiters and waitresses, even though it was not his birthday.
- After dropping his single, FDB (Fuck Dat Bitch), thedrop.fm asked what would actually prompt him to utter those words. Yound Dro responded, "When the lady at Waffle House forgot to put cheese in my eggs, I was like, ‘Fuck that bitch.'"
- Young Dro was inspired to rap after Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith, one half of Kriss Kross and one of his best friends, started to blow up.
- In 2008, Dro was featured in XXL's Top 10 Freshmen list. Other rappers featured in the list were Lupe Fiasco and Saigon (among others, naturally).
- Here I Go T.I. Feat. Young Dro, Shad Da God, Mystikal & Spodee158K Views108 Comments
- FDB (Remix) Childish Gambino149K Views90 Comments
- FDB (Remx) Young Dro Feat. French Montana, T.I., Trinidad James & DJ Drama124K Views105 Comments
- We Still In This Bitch (Remix) B.o.B Feat. Young Jeezy, Young Dro & Yo Gotti100K Views43 Comments
- I Do The Most T.I. Feat. Yung Booke, Young Dro, Spodee & Shad Da God96K Views39 Comments
- FDB (Remix) Young Dro Feat. Wale, B.o.B & Chief Keef89K Views105 Comments
- Young Dro's "Grits Man" Runs Up On T.I.6,608 Views1 Comment
- Young Dro Feat. 2 Chainz "Strong (Remix)" Video5,562 Views3 Comments
- Hustle Gang Feat. Doe B, Young Dro, Birdman, B.o.B & T.I. "Kemosabe" Video4,738 Views4 Comments
- Black LabelYoung Dro132K Views 20K Downloads 55 Comments
- Day TwoYoung Dro75K Views 15K Downloads 42 Comments
- Purple LabelYoung Dro68K Views 14K Downloads 21 Comments
- Full Album Stream For Young Dro's "High Times"16,169 Views
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)2,964 Views9 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL5,906 Views37 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape14,946 Views38 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them4,034 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans3,351 Views5 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)1,201 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack3,271 Views23 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death19,701 Views50 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God5,966 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape12,025 Views60 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album31,775 Views151 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon11,807 Views60 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again7,109 Views28 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations7,218 Views17 Comments
- TBT: Ice Cube7,151 Views29 Comments