About Young Dro
Blessed with a permanent and playful sense of fun, Young Dro has made a career of popping, occasionally hilariously crude and effectively clever, southern-styled tracks. He rose to prominence with the release of his first album, Best Thang Smoking which featured the massively popular single, Shoulder Lean, featuring fellow southern rapper, T.I. It would be seven years before Young Dro released another album, although it would be wrong to accuse him of being inactive, considering that he released a staggering twelve solo mixtapes during this period which proved popular with Underground listeners, most notably his release of Day 2 which recieved critical acclaim. In 2013 he released his second album, High Times, to positive reviews. This time around he continued to collaborate with T.I. and also featured appearances from Doe B. and Mac Boney, under tracks produced by the likes of Smash Factory and Lil C.
- Before he rose to prominence as Young Dro, D'Juan was a little-known, young rapper known simply as Dro. Ironically he would not add the "Young" part to his moniker until years later.
- T.I. played a prank on Young Dro at Benihana, staging a birthday celebration for him with the waiters and waitresses, even though it was not his birthday.
- After dropping his single, FDB (Fuck Dat Bitch), thedrop.fm asked what would actually prompt him to utter those words. Yound Dro responded, "When the lady at Waffle House forgot to put cheese in my eggs, I was like, ‘Fuck that bitch.'"
- Young Dro was inspired to rap after Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith, one half of Kriss Kross and one of his best friends, started to blow up.
- In 2008, Dro was featured in XXL's Top 10 Freshmen list. Other rappers featured in the list were Lupe Fiasco and Saigon (among others, naturally).
- Here I Go T.I. Feat. Young Dro, Shad Da God, Mystikal & Spodee157K Views108 Comments
- FDB (Remix) Childish Gambino149K Views90 Comments
- FDB (Remx) Young Dro Feat. French Montana, T.I., Trinidad James & DJ Drama124K Views105 Comments
- We Still In This Bitch (Remix) B.o.B Feat. Young Jeezy, Young Dro & Yo Gotti100K Views43 Comments
- I Do The Most T.I. Feat. Yung Booke, Young Dro, Spodee & Shad Da God95K Views39 Comments
- FDB (Remix) Young Dro Feat. Wale, B.o.B & Chief Keef89K Views105 Comments
- Young Dro's "Grits Man" Runs Up On T.I.6,556 Views1 Comment
- Young Dro Feat. 2 Chainz "Strong (Remix)" Video5,557 Views3 Comments
- Hustle Gang Feat. Doe B, Young Dro, Birdman, B.o.B & T.I. "Kemosabe" Video4,730 Views4 Comments
- Black LabelYoung Dro131K Views 20K Downloads 55 Comments
- Day TwoYoung Dro75K Views 15K Downloads 42 Comments
- Purple LabelYoung Dro67K Views 14K Downloads 21 Comments
- Full Album Stream For Young Dro's "High Times"16,116 Views
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather1,410 Views2 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date8,852 Views71 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now5,025 Views20 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"1,450 Views16 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"2,324 Views21 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party1,699 Views18 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)771 Views4 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness4,093 Views40 Comments
- Ranking Fabolous' Friday Freestyles From Worst To Best4,296 Views28 Comments
- Dame Dash Is Suing His Ex-Wife For $2.5 Million4,150 Views27 Comments
- Lyrics On Big Sean's "Stay Down" Rumored To Play Part In Break-Up With Ariana Grande23,379 Views110 Comments
- Shady Music Publishing Signs Rapper/Producer Astray4,428 Views19 Comments
- Blac Chyna Puts Alleged Text Messages From Tyga On Blast36,687 Views118 Comments
- Islamic Terrorist Group ISIS Now Targeting Nike9,080 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown Settles Lawsuit Over Basketball Fight8,913 Views20 Comments