Slum Village News
- 12 Self-Produced Hip Hop Albums to HearOct 24, 2015 at 06:06pmMCs and producers are traditionally two different people, but occasionally the hip hop world is blessed with an artist that can play both roles. Dr. Dre once claimed to be a "a producer who can rap and control the maestro," and when he said it, there weren't a whole bunch of dudes who were capable of doing it. Since then, artists like MF DOOM, Kanye West, and J. Cole have made some serious beats, and then blessed them with their own flow.
- Stream Slum Village's New Album "Yes!"Jun 11, 2015 at 03:31pmAfter touring with Pete Rock all spring, Slum Village are almost ready to drop their new album Yes!. The album is set for commercial release on June 16th, but arrives a bit early today with a stream on their Soundcloud. We got to hear the J Dilla-produced "Right Back" off Yes! the other week, and there's more where that came from on the rest of the album. The project enlists Jon Connor (speaking of which where has this dude been??), Phife, Black Milk, BJ the Chicago Kid, Bilal, Illa J and more.
- Pete Rock & Slum Village Announce Joint TourJan 22, 2015 at 06:15pmDetroit and NYC will connect this spring when Pete Rock and Slum Village embark on tour together. First performing together at Miami's "Dilla Weekend," they'll then kick off a nationwide tour in March. Check out the dates below, and the poster in the gallery above.
- Yes Yes: Slum Village Talks New Music, Doughnuts & J. DillaMar 14, 2014 at 09:55amDetroit rap group Slum Village has certainly endured a lot in its 18 years. Members have tragically passed on, while others have left the group for various reasons. T3 is the only original member left. But despite all that; the veteran rap group personifies Detroit hip-hop. They carry on the legacy of deceased members J. Dilla and Baatin in the most beautiful of ways.
- Cover Art Revealed For Upcoming Slum Village Album "Evolution" [Update: Stream The Album In Its Entirety]Jun 19, 2013 at 12:47pmSlum Village recently announced their new album, Evolution, which follows-up their past two free releases, The Dirty Slums mixtapes. The album is coming up soon, with a release date of June 25th. Today we get a look at the artwork for Evolution. Check it out above.
- Slum Village Announces "Dirty Slums" TourApr 18, 2013 at 12:53pmWith Slum Village's newest mixtape, Dirty Slums 2, out now, the Detroit rap group are taking things on the road, with a tour in support of the project. The tour kicks off this week in San Diego, California. It finishes up at the end of July, in Miami, Florida. Check out all the tour dates below, as well as the flyer above.