- 5 Producers The Weeknd Should Work WithMay 26, 2015 at 01:11pmToday, The Weeknd came out of hiding and gave us two brand new tracks-- well, they leaked-- sorry Abel. And, as the tracks will likely be taken down, sorry to anyone who doesn't get to preview the new Weeknd sound. Both tracks, "I Can't Feel My Face" and "In the Night" signal a shift in the pop direction for the strung-out, oversexed, but still painfully lonely, Toronto crooner. He sounds more fresh-faced than ever, channeling his inner-MJ-- as he aims for a new level of stardom.
- Behind The Beat: ShlohmoMay 11, 2015 at 06:17pmHenry Laufer, better known as Shlohmo, is a founding member of L.A.'s WeDidIt collective, one of the most forward-thinking labels in electronic music, and, within in that world, the crew with the most crossover hip-hop appeal. Other than Shlohmo, members like RL Grime and Ryan Hemsworth have produced for Deniro Farrar, Big Sean, Tinashe, and even Pitbull. Growing up on a heady mix of J Dilla and Aphex Twin, Shlohmo first started making GarageBand beats, and along with an entire generation of Internet producers, found his stride when he graduated to Ableton.
- 10 Producer Remixes That Were Better Than The OriginalApr 12, 2015 at 03:03pmWith the evolution of producer software, everyone can make beats on their computer. It doesn't take a lot of money or studio time to learn how to chop up samples, loop drum patterns, and create something great. And we're finding more and more beatmakers are making quality tracks.
- Stream Shlohmo's New Album "Dark Red"Mar 31, 2015 at 12:59pmHip-hop inspired experimental producer Shlohmo first hit our radars when he put out a banging remix to Jeremih's "Fuck U All the Time". Jeremih loved the mix, and the two soon put out a collaborative EP, No More, one of our favorite projects of last year. The L.A.
- Underrated Audio: January 24 - January 30Jan 31, 2015 at 10:33amUnderrated Audio aims to provide you with some dope looks from the last seven days that flew under most peoples' radars. While they may have received front-page placement on HNHH, they didn't get as many views as they deserve, so we shine a little more light on them right here.
- 10 Essential Shlohmo TracksNov 30, 2014 at 05:42pmLos Angeles-based Shlohmo, real name Henry Laufer, started making beats like most bedroom producers. Influenced by the infamous LA beat scene, his early music resembled the experimental Low End Theory style. In the last couple years however, Laufer has found a niche in the electronic music culture by making some of the sexiest remixes around. After reworking the likes of Drake, The Weekend, Aaliyah, Haerts, Burial and more, he's since linked up with R&B stars like Jeremih and Banks to create some forward-thinking, original R&B music that challenges anything else in the scene.
- Jeremih & Shlohmo Announce Joint EPDec 18, 2013 at 09:46pmBefore Jeremih delivers his new album Thumpy Johnson, he's announced that he will be linking up with producer Shlohmo for a new project. The R&B singer revealed that he’s teaming up with electronic producer Shlohmo for a joint EP, which we can expect to arrive in February. Earlier this year, the duo came together to put out one of the best contemporary R&B songs with “Bo Peep (Do U Right)”, so this project should be very exciting.
- Underrated Audio: October 5- October 11Oct 12, 2013 at 09:59amThis past week saw a few big mixtape drops, from the likes of Game and Nipsey Hussle, Lil Durk, and The Ying Yang Twins (jokes...but they really did drop a mixtape).
- Underrated Audio: September 14-20Sep 21, 2013 at 01:47pmLast week we saw a solid output of music from artists both big and small. However, Drake took the cake with Nothing Was The Same leaking-- basically all talk revolved around Drizzy. Today let's take a look at five dope tracks that dropped in the past seven days, that are unrelated to the Toronto king. Let us know which underrated rappers you're feeling at the moment.