About Nipsey Hussle
For those unfamiliar, Nipsey Hussle is an emerging emcee from Los Angeles, California known for his distinctive West Coast style and grassroots approach. He's been described as the next Snoop Dogg as well as "the next big L.A. MC". Between 2005 and 2009, Hussle released a series of mixtapes that sparked a great deal of attention in the rap game, to the point that he was able to secure features fromncluded guest appearances from Snoop and Drake on his 2009 mixtape Bullets Ain't Got No Name Vol. 3.
Most recently, Hussle released his Crenshaw mixtape, which included features from Dom Kennedy, Rick Ross, DUBB, Skeme, Sade, James Fauntelroy, Slim Thug, Z-Ro and more. His debut studio album, titled Victory Lap, is slated to drop at some point in 2014. Stay tuned for updates, and hit up ihussle.com for more details.
- Hussle is of partial Eritrean descent.
- Nipsey Hussle is a member of the Rollin 60’s Neighborhood Crips set.
- 2005's "Slauson Boy Volume 1" mixtape was his debut full-length project.
- He grew up near the intersection of Crenshaw Boulevard and Slauson Avenue in South L.A.
- Nipsey Hussle has a young daughter named Emani.
- Hussle dabbles in acting, having appeared in the 2007 film I Tried as well as the 2010 film Wrath Of Caine.
- Nipsey Hussle first singed with Epic Records and Cinematic Music Group.
- 2009's "Hussle In The House" was his first official single.
- He contributed to the 2010 Haiti charity track "We Are The World 25 For Haiti".
- Nipsey Hussle was part of XXL's 2010 Freshman Class.