About Erick Sermon
New York-native Erick Sermon is hip-hop artist and producer who, in addition to being a successful solo artist, is one half of the group EPMD and a member of the rap supergroup Def Squad. Sermon began his music career in 1986 when he and Parrish Smith (PMD) founded EPMD. The duo has released four studio-albums, and the first five of them certified Gold in the US. Sermon has also released six solo albums – the most recent of which was his 2004 project “Chilltown, New York”. Known more for his production (he is considered among the great hip-hop producers of all time) than rapping, Sermon has collaborated with many notable artists including 50 Cent, Eminem, Akon, AZ, Blackstreet, Busta Rhymes, Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Black Eyes Peas, LL Cool J, Method Man, Redman, Raekwon, Xzibit, Warren G, Too Short, and even former NBA superstar Shaquille O’Neal. Sermon suffered a heart attack in 2011 but recovered. He released a mixtape in 2012 called “Breath of Fresh Air”. Since the tape, the hip-hop veteran of more than 20 years has not announced any plans for an upcoming project.
- He stated in 2012 that EPMD is finished making music.
- He freestyled in the final episode of Yo! MTV Raps.
- He said that he had an opportunity to sign The Notorious B.I.G., but missed his opportunity and Puff Daddy didn’t miss his.
- He made changes to his diet after having a heart attack and has been feeling good ever since.
Top SongsALL SONGS
- Make Room Erick Sermon Feat. Sheek Louch & Joell Ortiz4.4K Views2 Comments
- Let Me Explain Snoop Dogg Feat. Erick Sermon & Method Man573 Views21 Comments
- Jordan Effect MC Lyte Feat. Erick Sermon147 Views3 Comments
- Ain't Me Erick Sermon Feat. Rick Ross80 Views9 Comments
- Look Erick Sermon Feat. Redman & Method Man57 Views0 Comments
- Like Me (No DJ) Erick Sermon Feat. Too Short & Lloyd57 Views2 Comments