Eminem is widely considered to be one of, if not the greatest lyricist of all time, and his influence resounds heavily throughout the current rap game. There are very few on his level when it comes to both wordplay and success – to date, he’s sold an estimated 115 million records worldwide (as well as 120 million singles) and has achieved no less than ten #1 albums on the Billboard 200.
Throughout his prolific 17-year career, he’s collaborated with the likes of Dr. Dre, Rihanna, Elton John, Busta Rhymes, Pink, B.o.B., Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Adam Levine, Dido, Missy Elliot, Kid Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Akon, Nas, 50 Cent, T.I., Slaughterhouse, The LOX, Sticky Fingaz, Xzibit, Redman, The Outsidaz, Buckshot and many more.
Most recently, he released The Marshall Mathers LP 2, which has already been certified platinum despite renewed accusations of homophobia (the original Marshall Mathers LP remains the fastest-selling hip-hop album to date), also gracing the covers of multiple notable publications. Rap success aside, Eminem is among the best-selling artists of the 2000s, period. His legacy is undeniable.
- Eminem is left-handed.
- When he was only 9, Eminem ended up in a coma after being beat up by a bully on the schoolyard.
- He was first arrested at age 20 for shooting a police car with a paintball gun.
- The Beastie Boys inspired Eminem to pursue a rap career.
- He took a bullet as a teenager.
- When he was younger, Eminem had dreams of becoming a comic book artist.
- His sophomore album The Marshall Mathers LP was originally titled Amsterdam.
- The first rap track he ever heard was Ice-T's "Reckless", at the age of nine.
- He met his muse Kim when he fifteen years old (she was thirteen).
- Eminem failed the 9th Grade three times.
- The Eminem Show2002
- The Marshall Mathers LP2000
- Slim Shady EP1998
- The Marshall Mathers LP 22013
- The Slim Shady LP1999