About Asher Roth
Asher Roth is a Caucasian rapper from suburban Philadelphia whose career took off after he released his hit "I Love College", on which he, well, expressed his love for college.
Known for his tricky rhyme schemes and clever lyricism, the steady flowing Ash Roth has been a staple in the rap game since "I Love College" in 2009. Since then, the 2009 XXL Freshman Class member has collaborated with the likes of CeeLo Green, Keri Hilson, Akon, Meek Mill, Curren$y, B.o.B., Charles Hamilton, Consequence, Pac Div, Devin the Dude, Mac Miller, The Cool Kids, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Dom Kennedy, Smoke DZA, and Justin Bieber. He's also worked on full projects with producers Nottz and Don Cannon.
Most recently, Roth was dissed by Eminem on Marshall Mathers LP 2. Em mentioned Roth on "Asshole", but Roth came away with no hard feelings, and rather said that he "…thought it was pretty amazing". He also released the second instalment in his The GreenHouse Effect mixtape series, and is expected to drop his second studio-album Retro Hash in early 2014. Stay tuned.
- He has Jewish roots, but does not consider himself Jewish despite his "Jewish-sounding" name.
- He attended West Chester University as an Elementary Education major.
- He is an outspoken supporter of marijuana, and in 2010 he started “Bongress”, an online initiative to garner support for Proposition 19.
- His song "Last Man Standing" featured Akon and was on the soundtrack of Madden NFL '12.
- Like many artists, he got his start on MySpace.
- He was in a longterm relationship with a certain Anna Brothman.
- He decided against titling his second album "Is This Too Orange" because it sounded too similar to former label mate Frank Ocean’s "Channel Orange".
- He is a member of the hip-hop super-group All City Chess Club.
- Asher Roth is a Leo.
- His debut album, Asleep In The Bread Isle, peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard Music 200.
- The Rawth EP2010
- Asleep In The Bread Aisle2009
- Just Listen (EP)2005