Easy Redd's video for "Kurt" is the winner of this week's Heatseeker video edition.
20 years after his death, Kurt Cobain has become a somewhat unlikely hero in hip-hop, inspiring countless rappers with his brooding rockstar image and stellar grunge tunes. However, few rappers go as all-in on their Cobain homages as Easy Redd does in his "Kurt" video, which is the winner of this week's Heatseeker Video Edition.
Sampling chords from Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit," "Kurt" has Redd rapping about throwing on flannels and getting mistaken for Cobain at his shows. It's a dope tribute to one of the 20th Century's most idolized music legends, and one that has us hoping for more from Easy Redd in the near future.
If you'd like to have your video featured on the homepage, simply follow the guidelines below.
How To Submit Your Music Video:
- Submit you video here http://hnhh.co/submit.
- Video shoud be submitted through a private Vimeo or private Youtube link.
- Music Video should be original and unpublished (not yet released on YouTube, Vimeo or other video sharing sites).
- Video must be available in HD.
- Music Video should be copyright free.
- No freestyles and No Covers.
- If chosen, featured artists must agree to actively promote the video link with a minimum of 3 Tweets/day and 1 Facebook post/day for the first 5 days.
- Artists are allowed to repost their music videos on their respective YouTube channels only 2 weeks after their video is posted on HNHH YouTube.