He may have the simplest name in the music industry, but seven-time Grammy nominated R&B singer-songwriter and producer Joe has had a successful career that has spanned more than twenty years. The Georgia-native has released ten studio-albums and his breakthrough came after he signed to Jive Records and released his second project “All That I Am” in 1997. The album went on to certify Platinum in the US, and his third album “My Name is Joe” topped the US R&B charts and ultimately certified 3x Platinum. He has been among the most consistent artists in the industry as his first album was released in 1993 and his most recent dropped in 2013. Throughout his career, Joe has collaborated with notable artists and producers including Ideal, Xscape, Hi-Five, Big Pun, Mariah Carey, R. Kelly, Freeway, G-Unit, Shaggy, Petey Pablo, The Neptunes, Brian McKnight, Nas, Young Buck, Tony Yayo, Fabolous, Mario, Trey Songz, Game, Diddy, Keith Sweat, Fantasia, Too Short, Fat Joe, and several others. He dropped his tenth studio album in 2013 titled “Double Back: Evolution of R&B”, and he has not yet announced plans for an upcoming project.
- He went to New Jersey after graduating from high school with hopes of making connections in the music industry.
- He was a judge on season four of Making the Band.
- His mother and father were both ministers.
- He plays multiple instruments including piano and guitar.
- He planned to develop his own clothing line as well as a type of liquor.
- All Or Nothing1994
- Home Is The Essence Of Christmas2009
- Good Girls1997
- And Then...2003
- My Name Is Joe2000
- All That I Am / Sanctified Girl (Remix)1997
- Joe Thomas, New Man2008
- All The Things (Your Man Won't Do)1995
- The Good, The Bad, The Sexy2011
- Don't Wanna Be a Player1997
- The Love Scene1997
- I'm In Luv1993
- The One For Me1993
- Better Days2001
- All That I Am1997
- Ain't Nothin' Like Me2007