We introduce a few new faces to HNHH by way of this feature.
Last week we chose to highlight four dope artists, because we had so many great submissions to choose from - this week we're back to our top 3 from yesterday's A&R meeting with our staff.
We've always made a conscious effort to mine for, and introduce, new artists to the site. Without getting into the specifics (*eye roll emoji*), as a user, you'll likely know of a particular artist that you first encountered here on the HNHH pages. With that being said, beyond combing through our regular submissions for our weekend Heatseeker highlights, we're going to be spotlighting our favorite staff-submitted tracks each week, following our in-office A&R meeting.
Here's a quick breakdown of how it works.
- Every week, each of our staff members submits a song from an artist we've never yet (or ~barely~) posted on HNHH (so get your song into the hands of a staff member, and wow them with your musical prowess, hint hint)
- The song does not need to be new, in fact, most of the time, it's an older record
- This can include music videos
- We listen to all the submissions as a team (weekly)
- Each staff member votes on their top three favorite submissions out of that week's batch of submissions
- We cull the votes, and feature the top 3 on the website, in a handy article like this
- Also: in an effort to include direct user/fan-submitted music as well, we'll be going through our Soundcloud messages and picking out a few extra submissions from there to include in the meeting each week (please send us your most fire submissions there, it can be your song or someone else's)
Now that you have the breakdown, take a look at this week's top four new artist discoveries-- we've included some basic info on each as well.
Vote on your favorite out of the top three picks this week below, we want to know what you think!
*Honorable Mention* We're giving a shout out this week to one of our Soundcloud submissions, which unfortunately didn't make the top three. Still, unsigned rapper Villa SxC raps with ease over minimal production from Work Scorsese, creating a smooth track that might surprise you, take a listen to "Bitter" before you dive into our top three.
Artist: John Givez
Sounds: Like he should be signed to Dreamville. A focus on flows and lyrics with a smoothness.
Discover more music: John Givez's Soundcloud
Posted before: Once before
Song: "ÐÐÐÐ, ÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÐÐ "
Location: Moscow, Russia
Sounds: We don't understand what he's saying, but it sounds dark, hard-hitting. Self-described: "glam rock."
Discover more music: Pink Phloyd mixtape on his Soundcloud
Posted before: No
Location: Paterson, New Jersey
Discover more music: Jazzy's Soundcloud
Posted before: No