Whitney Houston passed away only a day before the Grammys, and at the time details of her death were foggy.
Now it was reported that she was found in her hotel bathub (at the Beverly Hills Hotel), the bathub filled with water. However, according to the police she did not die from drowning, but rather from an overdose of mixing Xanax, other prescription drugs, and alcohol. The Coroner's officials say that there was not enough water in Whitney's lungs to lead to the conclusion that she drowned.
As well, it was Whitney's aunt, Mary Jones, who found her body in the bathtub. Supposedly Mary had left Whitney for about half an hour, and when she returned and Whitney did not come out of the bathroom, Mary went in and pulled Whitney out and began to adminster CPR.
"The loss of Whitney Houston is painful. I remember meeting Whitney for the first time when I was 15. She was the ultimate legend. The ultimate woman. Not only was she confident, poised, stunningly beautiful and intelligent, but she was sincere and kind. She took the time to make everyone feel like they were very important to her. I, like every singer, always wanted to be just like her. Her voice was perfect. Strong but soothing. Soulful and classic. Her vibrato, her cadence, her control. So many of my life’s memories are attached to a Whitney Houston song. She is our queen and she opened doors and provided a blueprint for all of us. God bless her."