Dion “No I.D.” Wilson has been behind some of the hottest projects of the year via Def Jam, like Logic’s Under Pressure and Common’s Nobody Smiling, and now he’s getting rewarded for his outstanding work.
Common's new album Nobody's Smiling was a joint effort with producer No I.D., but it seems their relationship has gone even further than that, and in the process, G.O.O.D. Music was sidetracked.
More positive news, folks. Veteran Chicago producer and A&R Dion Wilson, AKA No I.D., has been named the new executive vice president of Def Jam Recordings.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Common's been pretty absent from hip-hop in 2013, however with 2014 in full swing it looks like we may get new material from the G.O.O.D. rapper.
Logic Speaks On Being Biracial & Says He's Working With Hit-Boy On Debut Album Nov 7, 2013 at 01:03pm
Logic has been on his grind for a long time now, and it's paid off, as he's linked up with Def Jam for a deal while still remaining under the independent label that he came up with, VMG.
Logic Inks Deal With Def Jam, Debut Album To Be Executive Produced By No I.D. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42am
Logic, a Balitmore, MD rapper who was recently named an XXL Freshmen of 2013 just let go some more good news-- he signed a deal with a major label, Def Jam.The rapper, who has been on the rise for some time, announced the news today.
- 'OVO' Air Jordan 10 Scheduled To Release This Weekend591 Views0 Comments
- PartyNextDoor's 5 Best Non-Album Tracks3,486 Views20 Comments
- K Camp Unveils Cover Art For "Only Way Is Up"1,611 Views9 Comments
- Stream Soulja Boy's "King Soulja 4"2,146 Views34 Comments
- #TBT: Fabolous' 2001-2005 Era3,877 Views16 Comments
- Tyga Says Eviction Lawsuit Is Fraudulent 4,237 Views29 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Dr. Dre's "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack6,195 Views15 Comments
- Jordan Brand Loses Trademark Lawsuit Against Knock-Off Beijing Company3,702 Views0 Comments
- Next Chief Keef Hologram Benefit Concert To Broadcast In 3 Cities At Once4,380 Views13 Comments
- iHeart Radio Music Festival Taps Kanye West, The Weeknd, Lil Wayne & More5,027 Views8 Comments
- R. Kelly Announces "Buffet" Album Release Date3,443 Views21 Comments
- Is Earl Sweatshirt Changing His Rap Name?21,094 Views41 Comments
- The 5 Most Confusing Things Birdman Said In His Angie Martinez Interview68,542 Views85 Comments
- Lil Kim Files Domestic Violence Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend11,513 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Opens Up: "I'm Scared To Be Political"64,837 Views165 Comments