This week we saw Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience break another record, after first topping Lil Wayne's Tha Carter IV in first week sales, it became the first record in 2013 to crack one million sales, going platinum just two weeks after it dropped.
Last week we saw several independent rappers make their debut on the charts (sort of-- some of them didn't sell enough to actually chart, yet), but this week we return to the big guns, like Drake and DJ Khaled.
This week nothing major dropped in terms of hip-hop. Nonetheless, overall album sales went up by 42%. To what can we blame this spike in sales? It would be safe to say Black Friday, which is basically the commencement of the holiday season/shopping frenzy.
Obviously the biggest topic of this week's Charts is Drizzy Drake. The rapper utilized the surprise release tactic that we've seen several artists find success with over the last year or two, and it definitely paid off for him as well.
This week we see a new entry in Chart's Dont Lie, with Tyler, the Creator's WOLF having dropped on April 2nd. The rapper is definitely expanding his fanbase, with this album impressively debuting at #3 on the Billboard 200.
With the holidays in full swing, shopping and spending is at an annual high, and it’s semi-ironic that a Jesus titled album heads up our charts this week. The numbers are not
This week has been Drizzy Drake everything, with the official release of Nothing Was The Same and a bunch of promo for it. Drake has not started taking over the charts yet, but that will change next week when we get the results of his first week sales.
MMG is beginning to look like a truly unstoppable force as even natural disasters can't seem to stop them, or even slow them down. A few weeks ago we got the release of one of the most anticipated albums of the year in Kendrick Lamar’s GKMC, which has
This week we see a few fluctuations within Charts Don't Lie, however Nicki Minaj keeps the #2 spot on lock with The Pinkprint. It's not a bad resting place per say, although we're sure #1 would have felt that much better.
This week the charts remained relatively calm, with no hip-hop new-comers to speak of yet. However, Ty Dolla $ign recently dropped his new Beach House EP, so we'll have to see how well that does sales-wise next week.
This week we really saw the effects of Kendrick Lamar's verse on "Control" transfer over to the charts.
This week's Charts Don't Lie finds Kendrick Lamar sitting atop the list for good reason.
This week everyone's favorite dope boy Pusha T finally made his Charts debut, with My Name Is My Name. The album, which has been praised highly by most, managed a #4 debut, selling on the lower-end of the projected amount, with 75k.
Last week with the success of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, we asked if independent artists' marketing strategy would be the new wave and replace the major labels on the charts. Their album The Heist saw a steep decline in sales, and might have topped out early.
In the competition between the same-day release rappers Juicy J and Big Sean Juicy J appears to be taking the lead, although Sean debuted stronger than Juicy initially. Not to say they both haven't fallen quite a few spots-- they have.
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 151 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?3,770 Views21 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title11,265 Views31 Comments
- First Week Numbers For Action Bronson & Earl Sweatshirt6,716 Views20 Comments
- OVO Is Opening A Pop-Up Store In L.A. 3,246 Views13 Comments
- Forbes' 2015 "Hip-Hop Cash Princes" Include Migos, Young Thug, YG & More9,141 Views30 Comments
- Quiz: Are You Wiz Khalifa Or Ty Dolla $ign?7,410 Views19 Comments
- 10 Rappers We Want To See Live With The Roots2,352 Views13 Comments
- Ciara Shares Artwork For "Jackie"11,133 Views23 Comments
- Top-10 Vines From Monday Night In The NBA743 Views0 Comments
- Migos Announce "Young Rich Nation" Tour With OG Maco2,935 Views11 Comments
- Contest: Win Jarren Benton Tickets + Meet & Greet401 Views3 Comments
- Justin Bieber's Next Album Will Have Production From Kanye West & Rick Rubin8,742 Views38 Comments
- Stream Shlohmo's New Album "Dark Red"1,856 Views5 Comments
- Young Dro Arrested For Theft9,053 Views18 Comments