Papoose is the definition of a gentleman of the old school, repping Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn 'til the death of him. He rose to recognition after the success of his "Alphabetical Slaughter" single / lyrical exercise, which has yet to be matched. Although he's released a staggering 26 underground mixtapes since stepping foot in the rap game, his debut album The Nacimera Dream was stuck in developmental hell for nearly eight years until it dropped in 2013. Throughout his career, he's collaborated with Kool G Rap, AZ, Snoop Dogg, St. Laz, Mavado, Remy Ma, Jeannie Ortega, Shaq, Bun B, DJ Kayslay, Maino, Red Cafe, Ray J, Busta Rhymes, Mary J. Blige, Rah Digga, Missy Elliot, Lloyd Banks, DMX, Tony Touch, Uncle Murda, French Montana, Chinx Drugz, Jon Connor, Loaded Lux, Kendrick Lamar, Styles P, Sheek Louch, Rick Ross, Cam'ron, Vado, Ray J, Yo Gotti, OJ Da Juiceman, Jay Rock, Twista, Pete Rock, Slim Thug, Hell Rell and more. Most recently, he dissed both Kendrick Lamar and Trinidad James on record, and is starring alongside Omar Epps in a new short film from Saigon titled SP. Stay tuned.
- He first appeared on Kool G Rap's 1998 album Roots Of Evil, on the cut "Home Sweet Funeral Home".
- Papoose has a daughter named Dejanae.
- He's married to fellow New York City emcee Remy Ma.
- Papoose is of Liberian descent.
- He started rapping at age 11.
- Jive Ass Turkey (Trinidad James Diss) Papoose254K Views138 Comments
- Control (Kendrick Lamar Response) Papoose168K Views613 Comments
- Lyrical Gangsta [Tags] DJ Kay Slay Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Papoose72K Views47 Comments
- First Chain (Big Sean Diss) Papoose57K Views405 Comments
- Party Bout To Pop (Remix) (Dirty) Papoose Feat. Lloyd Banks & Busta Rhymes53K Views11 Comments
- 0 To 100 (Freestyle) Papoose42K Views22 Comments
- Remy Ma On 106 & Park5,479 Views3 Comments
- Remy Ma Talks Release From Prison, Nicki Minaj, DJ Khaled & More3,291 Views4 Comments
- Papoose Feat. Jadakiss, Jim Jones, & Ice T "6 AM" Video2,745 Views3 Comments
- Papoose "Pound Cake (Freestyle)" Video2,451 Views
- Papoose "Alphabetical Slaughter Pt 2 (Z To A)" Video2,071 Views3 Comments
- Thug Connection / Alphabetical Slaughter1999
- King Of New YorkPapoose56K Views 22K Downloads 13 Comments
- Hoodie SeasonPapoose40K Views 8.3K Downloads 71 Comments
- The Industry PurgeDJ Kay Slay39K Views 5.3K Downloads 18 Comments
- Top 10 XXL Freshmen Flops40,250 Views
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"2,712 Views20 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand2,206 Views0 Comments
- Dizzy Wright's Turn-Up Essentials Playlist733 Views4 Comments
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award7,804 Views71 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 6,059 Views29 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour830 Views7 Comments
- Dear Graduates: Life Lessons From Kanye West's "College Dropout"4,271 Views20 Comments
- Stream Mobb Deep's "Survival Of The Fittest" EP984 Views8 Comments
- Young Thug Says His Next Mixtape Will Be Called "Tha Carter V"17,829 Views166 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Celebrate Trip To NBA Finals With A 'Flicka Da Wrist' Video1,987 Views0 Comments
- Lil B Accuses Chedda Da Connect Of Stealing His Swag On "Flicka Da Wrist"6,137 Views29 Comments
- Frank Ocean Uploads Mysterious Empty Playlist To SoundCloud8,187 Views25 Comments
- Azealia Banks To Star In RZA-Directed Film "Coco"2,708 Views32 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals3,678 Views0 Comments