Grammy award winning songwriter, singer, producer and actor, Ne-Yo defined his own sound in R&B and has been behind many hit songs since 2003. He had been a songwriter behind the scenes, penning tracks for the likes of Marques Houston, Christina Milian and boy band Youngstown, until he gained mainstream attention when he wrote Mario’s 2004 hit “Let Me Love You” which attained the number 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 charts. He’s collaborated with Mary J. Blige, Celine Dion, Faith Evans, Rihanna, Musiq, Rick Ross, Jennifer Hudson, Kanye West, Keri Hilson, Wiz Khalifa and the list goes on. In 2006, Ne-Yo dropped his debut album “In My Own Words”, which featured his hit single "So Sick". The song achieved the number 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 and helped catapult his album’s debut to number 1 on the Billboard 200. As an actor, he is best known for his work in the films “Save The Last Dance 2” (2006), “Stomp The Yard” (2007) and “Battle Los Angeles” (2011).
- Ne-Yo’s stage name was given to him by friend and producer Big D Evans who claims Ne-Yo sees music similarly to how Neo from “The Matrix” movies can decipher the matrix.
- His ethnicity is a mix of African-American and Chinese. His grandfather on his mother’s side is Chinese.
- He studies martial arts.
- Ne-Yo’s previous stage name was Go-Go.
- In 2000, he was part of an R&B group called Envy.
- He owns a recording studio in Atlanta called Carrington House.
- He was arrested in 2008 for reckless driving in his Range Rover without a valid license. He received a lenient sentence of 24 hours of community service.
The Way You Move Ne-Yo Feat. Trey Songz & T-Pain161.9K Views76 Comments
Money Can't Buy Ne-Yo Feat. Jeezy153.6K Views65 Comments
Should Be You (Prod. By Salaam Remi) Ne-Yo Feat. Fabolous & Diddy124.7K Views117 Comments
Don't Make Em Like You Ne-Yo Feat. Wiz Khalifa101.7K Views50 Comments
The Way You Move (No Tags) Ne-Yo Feat. Trey Songz & T-Pain70K Views32 Comments
All She Wants Ne-Yo Feat. Young Jeezy & RaVaughn51.1K Views28 Comments