About Jon Connor
Jon Connor (not to be confused with the the fictional character from the Terminator film franchise) is an emerging emcee from Flint, Michigan, and one of the more promising new voices in the rap game. Since stepping foot in the game in 2005, he's released eight mixtapes, an album and a collaborative project, and has collaborated with the likes of Dr. Dre, Chris Webby, Rob Tewlow, Static Selektah, Talib Kweli and Blue City club, among others. Most recently, he inked a deal with Dr. Dre' Aftermath Entertainment, and is currently working on his major label debut. Stay tuned for that - it should prove quite dope. (Oh yeah, he's been cosigned by Big Sean, Busta Rhymes, Nas, Rick Ross, The Game, Scarface and more.)
- Connor started writing and producing at age ten.
- Jon Connor's father, Jon Freeman Sr., is a musician turned minister, and influenced his son musically early in life.
- Eminem, Jay Z, MC Breed, Top Authority and The Dayton Family were also big influences.
- Connor revealed his new deal with Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment during his freestyle at the 2013 BET Hip Hop Awards.
- Jon graduated from Michigan's Flint Powers Catholic High School.