Charles Hamilton News
- Rap Industry Recap: AprilMay 1, 2015 at 09:17amBusiness moves quick, and that's no exception for the rap world. From the hottest new signings, to movie deals, to album pushbacks, the industry is constantly in motion. It can be hard to keep up with at times, so we've consolidated all of the must-hear information from the past month, all in one place. Be on the look out for this monthly recap of news-worthy items you may have missed to stay afloat with the industry.
- Charles Hamilton Releases Entire Discography For FreeApr 10, 2015 at 04:12pmCharles Hamilton is nothing if not an enigma, and his latest move is yet another that has surprised and thrilled. After seeming like he was headed for more a commercial place with a new Rita Ora-assisted song on "Empire" and a spot on the Summer Jam Festival Stage, Hamilton reassures us he's still got some indie cred by sharing a folder containing downloads of his entire discography. He announced the news out of nowhere on Twitter, giving out a link that contains links to the multitude of projects he's made in the past.
- 10 Tracks To Familiarize Yourself With Charles HamiltonMar 13, 2015 at 09:26amXXL Freshmen flop all of the time. They're sort of like first round draft picks in that sense. But what happened to Charles Hamilton after he graced the 2009 cover was a different story entirely: the man all but dropped off the face of the earth. While his classmates Wale, Kid Cudi, Curren$y and B.o.B were out making hits and gaining fans, Hamilton stopped releasing music altogether, suffering from undiagnosed bipolar disorder and hitting rock bottom. Not even Cory Gunz and Mickey Factz (also included on that cover) fell off that hard.
- Top Tracks of The Week: March 3 - March 9Mar 10, 2015 at 06:19pmHere it is, the once-a-week look at the tracks toward the top of our charts that you need to know about. Keep in mind that these tracks are culled from the very top of our Top 100 and, by their very nature, lean toward more popular artists. We still think these tracks are worthy of your attention, but if you need a look at artists you may have missed, take a look at Underrated Audio. With no outright superstars to talk about this week, our top tracks consisted of quite a few up-and-comers (and several familiar faces we haven't heard from in a while).
- Charles Hamilton Says He Wanted To "Commit Career Suicide"Mar 6, 2015 at 04:26pmFor the first time in years, things are finally looking up for Charles Hamilton.
- Charles Hamilton Signs With Republic Records, New Single With Rita Ora To Debut On "Empire"Feb 18, 2015 at 01:28pmFew artists have managed to disappear off of the face of the earth quite like Charles Hamilton. After a series of unfortunate events that led to his falling out with the music industry, Hamilton has been quiet for a good 5 years. While it seemed he may never deliver on the promise of his early mixtapes, last month, a new song and rumors of a signing suggested that 2015 could see something of a comeback for the promising artist, and today that's been confirmed.
- Underrated Audio: January 24 - January 30Jan 31, 2015 at 10:33amUnderrated Audio aims to provide you with some dope looks from the last seven days that flew under most peoples' radars. While they may have received front-page placement on HNHH, they didn't get as many views as they deserve, so we shine a little more light on them right here.
- Stream Two New Charles Hamilton AlbumsMay 30, 2014 at 05:36pmIt's been a while since we've heard from Charles Hamilton, an eccentric rapper from Harlem who was very briefly signed to Interscope after being included in XXL's 2009 freshman class. Sadly, Hamilton suffered a mental breakdown in 2010, and since then, he hasn't been able to recapture the magic of his early material.