WWE shoots down report that they told Massaro to keep quiet about alleged sexual assault.
In the wake of former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro's death, an affidavit surfaced alleging that Massaro was instructed to keep quiet by WWE when she informed members of the organization about a sexual assault that took place in 2007.
WWE released a statement regarding those allegations, claiming Massaro's attorney is using her death to "further his malicious campaign against WWE." Furthermore, the WWE maintains Massaro never told any WWE officials about any such assault.
According to ProWrestling.com, WWE's statement reads:
WWE is saddened by the death of Ashley Massaro, and we reiterate our condolences to her family. However, we regret that her attorney Konstantine Kyros, who filed multiple cases against WWE, lost all of them, and was sanctioned multiple times by the Court for repeated misconduct and false allegations, is using Ashley’s death to further his malicious campaign against WWE by releasing an affidavit that she submitted to the Court and later apologized to WWE for being involved with, so we wish to make certain things crystal clear.
At no time was Vince McMahon or the management of WWE ever informed by Ashley Massaro or anybody else that she had been sexually assaulted, drugged, raped or sodomized by a military doctor with a nurse standing guard while on a goodwill tour in 2007 to U.S. military bases in Kuwait. In fact, if she ever articulated such a claim to WWE, we would have reported it immediately to the Base Commander.
At no time was there ever a meeting with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, John Laurinaitis or other company executives in which she told them of such a claim and was instructed to keep it quiet.
Massaro, 39, was reportedly found hanging in her Long Island apartment last week in an apparent suicide, according to TMZ Sports. The WWE honored Massaro with an "In Memory" video tribute during Sunday's "Money in the Bank" PPV in Connecticut. She is survived by her 18-year old daughter, Alexa.