Trey Songz is known for being the suave singer he is, remaining calm and collected for the most part. So it was quite the surprise when footage surfaced of him flipping out at a show at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. The incident ultimately led to his arrest where he was charged with aggravated assault and assaulting an officer. While the trial has been ongoing this year, today he has seemed to reached an agreement with the court.

Trey Songz reached a plea deal where he has plead guilty on two misdemeanor charges of disturbing the peace after destroying the venues equipment and throwing debris after the venue cut his set short. The agreement he has reached has ended up dropping the charges of aggravated assault and assaulting an officer. With pleading guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace, Trey Songz will have to serve 18-months of probation. Along with probation, he will also have to do anger management training as well as submit to drug test and pay restitution.

The initial arrest and charges stemmed from Trey Songz allegedly assaulting a police officer causing injury and aggravated assault. The police said that Trey Songz allegedly hit one of the officers with a closed fist causing the officer to be concussed.

During the trial, the Wayne County judge also said that Snapchat footage of the incident would be used as evidence against the R&B singer. 

While Trey may have gotten off easy on this one, it's surely going to serve as a reminder to think before acting. Although he did warn the sound person that if they cut him off, he would react to it, throwing concert equipment and throwing debris is definitely not a rational way of handling the situation. The venue reportedly had to cut him off for a 11:30 p.m. curfew.

Trey definitely avoided some harsh penalties that would've had some further repercussions. With having to deal with minimal consequences to the situation, hopefully this will lead to Trey getting back in the studio and working on more fire tunes that we all appreciate from the R&B crooner.