NFL reveals Top-10 players, as voted on by the players
For the second consecutive year, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady sits atop the NFL's list of the Top 100 players in the game today. Brady, a five-time Super Bowl champion, will turn 41 years old on August 3, just weeks before the start of his 19th season in the league.
Last season in New England, the future Hall of Famer threw for an NFL-high 4,577 yards while completing 66.3% of his passes. He also tossed 32 touchdowns to just eight interceptions, and led the Pats to their eighth Super Bowl appearance during his tenure.
The NFL's Top-100 List, which is voted on by players around the league, was fully revealed last night, as nine of the other Top-10 players were announced. In addition to Brady, the list also includes Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown, who checks in at #2, and Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz, who was having an MVP-caliber season before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
The Top-10 NFL players heading into the new season is as follows:
1) Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
2) Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
3) Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
4) Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons
5) Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
6) Todd Gurley, RB, Los Angeles Rams
7) Aaron Donald, DT, Los Angeles Rams
8) Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints
9) Von Miller, LB, Denver Broncos
10) Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers