The most quotable lyrics from Drake's surprise mixtape, "Dark Lane Demo Tapes."
It's pretty hard to keep a secret, but Drake *almost* managed the feat yesterday with his surprise mixtape drop, Dark Lane Demo Tapes. A rumor that a Drake project was dropping only kicked off towards the end of the day, and several hours later, it was no longer a rumor, as the mixtape was across streaming services.
It seems like Drizzy's been wanting to do a bit of file clean-up and fan-pleasing in the process, as this is the second project Drake has released that's really a collection of loosies and leaked tracks. Care Package dropped last year, and featured another mixed bag of pre-album loosies that previous to then, weren't available on DSPs.
The Playboi Carti-featured "No Pain 1993" in particular leaked over a year ago, and ever since, fans have been wondering if it would appear on the elusive Whole Lotta Red. Nope, it's here.
Of course, a new Drake albums means first and foremost new captions for your IG page/tweets. Not that Drake would approve, as he raps on the "War" finale: "You niggas spend too much time on captions, not enough time on action"
We can help, at least, so you don't spend as much time on your captions-- we've rounded up the most quotable Drake-y lyrics for you in the list below.
Thank us later.
BG027/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images/Getty Images
- I can't do that normal type of life, is it just me? / Niggas steady try to ride the wave, but it's rough seas
- Pyramid schemes just like the Egyptians / Back when hotlines were still flipping
- Mindin' my business, building a business, et cetera / Inspired by a few, but my mind really drives itself like Tesla
“When to Say When”
- Half the time, I question my consciousness in this shit / Other times, I question if compliments are legit / Full-time, I'm out here confident as a bitch
- Always move right so my watch is on the other hand
- I'ma tell you what you feel next like the weatherman
- And I got your girl on the second floor, begging me to put it in / And it's not because all of the money that you wouldn't spend / And it's not because I set it up to try and get revenge / It's because you niggas insecure, you ain't made men / It's because even though you hate on me, we stay friends / It's because you niggas never learn when to say when
- I done plenty sinning in the past / You don't need to know, but you can ask
- Got so many opps, I be mistaking opps for other opps
- How the fuck you keep so many secrets? / How you goin' vegan, but still beefin' with me again? / How the fuck you've seen so many beaches?
- Nice guys always finish off where they started
- I could be your man but maybe down the road / Right now I would rather see my heart turn to chrome / Rather see my heart turn crystal / I can't even front like I don't miss ya
- Wrote this withâ
a Cartier pen, do I soundâ
- Gotta supermodel, wanna be a down missus / All my niggas, they be on them out-of-town missions
- I've been pop, whippin,' wrist is on another rhythm
- I remember grade six, I was up in Payless tryna get some Asics / Now I'm Nike'd down in a motherfuckin' snake pit / Now I'm type of nigga give it out and I don't take shit
- When I shoot my shot it's the Kawhi way, it's goin' in
- Used to be an antisocial nigga, now I’m makin' friends
- I've been fortunate enough to have it my way / I'm a fortune teller, listen to what I say
- How you feelin' in your soul since you sold that?
- Like I'm tryna show the waves, this is no cap / You sold me up the river, but I rowed back / You put me on the road without a roadmap / I'm not tryna make no song, these are cold facts
- I do it for the fam, but still fuckin' Uncle Sam / I tried to change for you, but that wasn't who I am / Even when being real is out of fashion
/ Niggas keep stealin' my style, now we out here matchin'
- I took you up under my wing and you just stayed there / You was supposed to grow some wings, get your own pair
- When I visit my last place is the only time I'm in last place / See me these days, I never got on a sad face
- You drove a nigga crazy, but I drove back / You wrote me off and then you never wrote back
“From Florida with Love”
- I let that shit slide, I got everything / I could lose it all if I'm reactin' to the petty things / Know that if I see you, I'ma ask you if you said them things
- Moral of the story is the story finished us / Damn, and you know that lesson stuck / I would never leave, but I could, though
- Tell them again, loved her way back when / Drunk so I type "Je t'aime" but don't hit send
- My TD Bank is on Kylie
- I don't cop things for resale, don't do iCloud, don'tâ
- You niggas spend too much time on captions, not enough time on action